Double Stroller Compatible with Chico Infant Carriers??

Hi fellow moms. We are expecting baby #2 in September and I have started looking into double strollers, but just found out that Chico doesn't have a double stroller that would work with the infant carrier we already have. We tried fitting the carrier onto another model of double stroller, but the only brand the store had (Graco) didn't work. Has anyone out there found a double stroller that will work with Chico? My son will be 20 months when the baby arrives.

The Countours Options Tandem Stroller by Kolcraft fits the chicco carseats. It's at Babies R US for $219. I really liked this stroller when I was shopping for a double but decided to go with Gracco b/c that's the type of infant stroller I already had. Congrats and best wishes.

I am in the same spot! I have a 13month old and am due in June which makes them 17 months apart. I don't really see how a sit/stand will work. You can't make a 17month old stand in place :) but I did check out the Kolcraft, looks pretty good. I am going to do some more checking, but I might just go with that. Looks and sounds like a nice stroller.

Good Luck on the hunt!

The Mountain Buggy is Chicco compatible.
They are great strollers - one of the last strollers to not be made in China - they are still made in New Zealand.
They are definitely more expensive but worth it.
http://tinyurl.com/Mountain-Buggy-Double
The Zooper Tango should also accept the Chicco. The Tango use a strap to hold in a infant seat, so it is a little more universal.
http://tinyurl.com/Zooper-Tango
Also, there are so many great stroller options that have basinets for your little one - they are definitely worth a look!
www.babyonthegostore.com

i got a "sit and stand" at toys R us, and it is compatable with most infant carriers.
congrats

I also have this problem. Try Buy Buy Baby, they have a few more options that are compatible with the Chicco carrier. I emailed Chicco directly and this was the response I received from them

We will be introducing a tandem double stroller that will accept 2 of our car seats. This should be introduced approximately December 2009. We suggest that you check our website at www.chiccousa.com for updates on these products.

The Contours Options Tandem made by Kolcraft will accept one of the Chicco infant car seats. We also suggest the Joovy Standon Caboose or the Joovy Big Caboose. Our car seats can be buckled into these strollers.

We had been dealing with the exact same problem nearly 2 years ago. We ended up using the Sit and Stand (deluxe, I think). It worked well for us but in all honesty, I ended up using my Chicco single stroller more because my oldest daughter decided she didn't want to be in a stroller anymore. (My girls are 12 months apart.) I think Babies R Us has a Sit and Stand in stock that you could try. Good luck and congratulations on baby #2!

Well it looks like we have a LOT in common (including the stubborn husband ;)). I have an 18 month old son and I am due with my second in October. I have been doing a TON of research (I also have the Chicco carrier) and finally found the stroller I plan on purchasing. It is the Sit N Stand Elite Double stroller found in the One Step Ahead catalog (although you can get it online, too). It is item #13129 and is 189.95. It can be front to back with the carrier, with both as seats, or the back can be a sit and stand. The only thing I read that I didn't like was that it didn't have a cup holder, but you can always get one seperately if necessary.

I hope that helps! I have been searching like a crazy person for 5 weeks now and doing lots of research. Yuck. I hope it works out as well as I'm hoping.

~E.

I looked at a sit and stand stroller when I was expecting my second child.

Teh sit and stand says the older child should be 2.5 - my kids are only 18 months apart. so I didnt get the sit and stand.

At 2.5 my older child would have been able to sit on the little bench nicely.. at 18 months she would not have sat and it would have been dangerous.

If the stroller that you need is very expensive.. you might be better off to buy a used Graco dou glider and a used graceo infant carrier. you could get it on craigslist fairly cheap.

I havea graco duo glider and it was so perfect when I had a newborn.. the back seat lays down totally flat and you can put the foot rest up so it is a little bed forthe newborn.

However now that I have a 3 year old and a 18 month old.. I hate the graco double stroller... It is very heavy...(of course the kids are heavier too)

I keep thinking about buying a double umbrella stroller. Just something light to move 2 kids areound easily. For short distances Ihave them walk holding hands. But it has only been the last month that they have both cooperated towalk nicely and safely.

1 / 3