Double Stroller - Crestwood,KY

I have a two year old and a 7 mth old. I am looking into getting a double stroller of some sort. I've seen the sit and stand one, the duo-glider etc and was wondering if anyone had any input on specific products they do or do not like. I hate to spend the money on something I won't like. Any advice?? Thanks!

Thanks to all of you for your help! I'll let you know what I end up getting!!!

I have that stroller I only used it a year because my daughter was alittle older when I bought it but I loved. It helped to keep both children under my thumb. I liked that the older child could either stand or sit. I am selling mine stroller which is still in good condidtion, if you would like maybe we can set something up so that you can take a look at it.

I actually have the graco duo glider in the parker pattern from sears and it is wonderful. I thought that it would be like driving a train but it is actually very smooth! It's not as big and clunky as it seems either. My girls are 2 1/2 and 4 months they love it. I also have a jogging stroller but it is so wide that it is hard to go anywhere like the mall or to the zoo just because it ttakes up so much space. Hope this helps. H.

we have the instep ultra double jogger. not sure what type of stroller you're looking for, but we love this one. so easy to steer (as a rule, side-by-side is easier than tandem), has shocks, great for walks and running, has TONS of hidden pockets and places for your stuff, both seats fully recline and it folds up. it's not super compact when folded, but i don't think any other double joggers actually fold - we can fit it in the back of our subaru. i did do a lot of research on this (we go on a lot of walks so stroller decision was important). a great resource for comparison and reviews is the bk toddler bargains by fields. it's well worth the money as it covers LOTS of categories of toddler products. hope that helps!!

A sit and stand would probably not be the best option for a toddler that young and with a 2 yr old up front (bigger child has to sit up front) the duoglider is a beast to push, I would look at side by sides if you can trust the toddler next to the baby

oh and many fit through doors now, mine has no issue whatsoever and you should be OK with one less than 32" which would include (but not be limited to) the Combi, the Peg Perego, Maclaren, and the Instep, Safetech and Schwin joggers (both come in a front swivel wheel model as well and recline)

I have a 2yr old and a 9 month old and we have the Mountain Buggy Urban Double. It is awesome! I wanted something with "bike" tires, like a jogging stroller that I could exercise with but also wheels that turn on a dime that I could take into shops. When I had just the one child I had a jogger and an "indoor" stroller for shopping, but I didn't want to have to have 4 strollers once I had the second baby! Anyway - I'm very happy with it. It seats them side-by-side but it is built to fit through standard doorways. Its pricey but worth it in my opinion. Good luck!

My son was 3 1/2 when my daughter was born and almost never used a stroller anymore so I did't even think about buying a double stroller. I forgot about those occasional LONG walks that even now with my son being 4 1/2 can't handle. We went to the MS Walk this past April and had our regular stroller and a umbrella stroller, just in case. Of course since it was I think a 3 mile walk he wanted to ride and the umbrella stroller is a major pain in the back!!! The very next day my Mother in law and I were at Goodwill (she loves to browse for 'unique' items there) and just as we were leaving they had just pulled out a Graco duo glider, what luck! It was in good shape and it was only $8.50!!! Can't beat that. Now I don't know what I would do without it. We go for daily walks, my son walks most of the time but sometimes isn't up for the whole thing. Not to mention the Race for a Cure is this weekend (we'll be walking, not running) but I'm glad I have it. Keep your eyes open!!!

I had twin girls in January and use a duoglide. It's very easy to use and I love it. I needed something that held two pumpin seats, and that was the only one that did. Just thought that might help.

Double strollers are a good idea, but getting them to actually work well is different. We have a 19 month old and a 3 month old and we travel lots and NEEDED a double stroller (also I like to shop! lol) We thought the side by side stroller wasn't good for us because I've seen many people struggle to get their's through aisles and doors so we bought the front and back one. It does not handle well at least the jeep brand and most people with this kind of double stroller, any brand, say the same thing. I woulde try the stroller in the store with your kids in it to see how it handles. The weight differents makes a BIG difference so your kids need to be in it. The jogging strollers seem like they would handle better so try those! And try and get the kind that alloswe the heavier child to sit in the back or you will break your back pushing it! Good Luck and I want to hear what works for you!

I have the Eddie bauer tandem, it's front and back. I got it at Target for ~ $130. It's really light weight, which I love, it's easy to steer. Also, I have a two year old and a three month old, the two year old can sit in the front, and the baby is behind her because it lays back. The only drawback, the basket underneath is pretty small, and it doesn't have parent cupholders. Other than that, I love it!

We have a set of twins and bought the Graco side by side. Very difficult to fit through doors, had to be precise and shopping in dept. stores, OH MY GOSH!! A friend with a set of twins had a jogging side by side stroller (with a swivel wheel in front) and loved it! It's a little narrower than the regular strollers and she always brought it to the park, the big wheels were easy to go over rough terrain. Try Babies R Us or Burlington, they have displays and you can put your babies in and try them out. Also check online with Babies R Us or Target for the parent feedback on certain models that you narrow it down too. Good Luck!

1 / 3