Doorway Jumpers - Safe?

I received 2 doorway jumpers (that attach to a door frame)for my twins boys as a gift. Although they are too small to use them now, I am wondering if these things are really that safe for use in the future. I have done research on them and have found articles supporting both sides. I was wondering what others have found and if you used them with your little ones? While I think my boys would love them, I'm very hesitant to put them in one. Thank you in advance.

My kids both loved them. Just don't leave them unattended. We never had an accident, problem etc. Just a lot of jumping, laughing and great home videos. PS - Mine was a hand-me-down from my sister and my niece LOVED it as well. Do what you feel is right.

I used one with my daughter. She loved it. She is now 17mo old and still loves to jump. I put it in the doorway to my kitchen so I could supervise her as I made dinner or cleaned the kitchen. She never had any problems. I made sure that she could support her trunk and put some weight on her legs before we started using it. It was a great way for her to tire herself out and I could get so much done in the process.
I am expeceting twin boys this sept, and I am looking for another jumper. I think they are great.
M. B

Hi, J.!
I also have twins-mine are girls and they are 3 now. I had those jumpers for my girls when they were little and they loved them! I never had any problems with them falling out, getting hurt or the jumpers falling off of the door frames. I would put my girls in the same doorway, far apart enough to not ram into each other, and let them bounce to their heart's content. I used to put them in the doorway to the kitchen and let them bounce while I cooked meals. The girls and myself loved those jumpers, and I wouldn't hesitate to use them for your boys.

I use the Jumpers with both my boys. Never had a problem. But I also made sure the doorway frame was secured. Just attach them where you would like and tug on them firmly and see what the frame does. My boys loved them.

I have three boys and i used a jumper with all of them-they loved them and so did I. As long as you don't leave the boys unattended and you make sure the jumper is secure, it really is a great convenience. Hope this helps!

I know plenty of people that have used them. I never did. A friend told me a story about them popping off the door a hitting a baby in the head. I don't know where she heard this.Or if it's even true. I used the Fisher Price Jumperoo. Our house just doesn't have a good doorway for those. Yes the jumperoos are more expensive but if you feel hesitant maybe that's the way to go! You could check out www.craigslist.com and see if anyone has one or two to sale!

no there no safe at all. i was in one when i was a kid and it wasnt a nice thing to c but anyways no its not safe.

We used one with our now 16 month old son and he absolutely loved them. We were always with him when he was in it and it really made it easier for me to fix dinner because he would bounce and giggle while I cooked.

I preferred them to some of the other options because he was able to build leg strength in them but couldn't wander off and he couldn't get himself out of the one we had (he had figured out how to squirm out of the swing) so I didn't have to worry about him falling out.

You MUST make sure the door frame is secure! Put the jumper on there and tug on it a few times to make sure it's secure! I've used them with both my sons. Just don't leave them unattended and make sure the door frame is secure enough.

1 / 3