Donations for Online Auction Fundraiser for Elementary School

My child's elementary school PTA is holding its first-ever Online Auction as a fundraiser. I have contacted many local and national companies to request donations, but am still looking for more items to put into the auction which will be held in mid-November. Does anybody have any ideas of who to contact? We are located in North Metro Atlanta. Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Fundraisers can be a lot of work but they can also be very rewarding. I would contact advisors/managers in Direct Selling companies, such as Pampered Chef, lia sophia, Party Lite, MaryKay, etc. and ask them to donate items... most will be very willing to help you, especially if you can promote them and their business in any way.

What about emailing a notice to all of the school families asking if anyone owns a business or has an employer who'd like to participate, there are still opportunities available? People who have a connection to the school personally are more likely to be enthusiastic about helping.

I don't know if it will work so well online, but when my mom used to run a silent auction for a fundraiser, baskets were always really popular. We used to go a girl scout cookie basket, a baby basket, a wine basket, cooking gadgets, etc. They always brought in a lot of money.

I'm currently soliciting for my child's elementary school auction fundraiser too. Ours isn't online so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. What we find to help is contacting the most local businesses that would gain the most from the exposure. Typically it takes a visit and many follow up phone calls to be successful.

Not sure if this applies but when they donate to our school we give them paperwork they use for a tax writeoff. We also give a letter describing the demographics of our school (amount of families they will be reaching, etc.).

We send flyers home with every child every week listing the companies that have given donations and mention this to the business we're soliciting from. The more advertising exposure they get the more inclined they'll be to give.

Hope this helps. Good luck :)

Here are some of the places we always ask for Gift cards from..

Hair salons Restaurants, Massage Envy, Car wash companies, Manicures, pedicures,
Home Depot, Michael's, Florist, Candy shops, bakeries, photographers, sign companies, Orthodontist, Laser Eye Surgery places, Grocery Stores, Local Theater Companies, Ladies Fashions, Tshirt shops..

What is the price range you are needing? I am a jewelry designer and could donate a piece.

1 / 3