Dolls/Girls Dressing Alike

Hello and Merry Christmas to you all!

I bought my 7 year old daughter an American Girl doll and a matching pajama outfit for her and her doll for Christmas. She is very responsible and will take care of , I'm sure.

The question is for my 4 year old. I don't want to invest in an American Girl doll for her just yet but she loves dolls also. I was wondering if any of you knew of a doll/clothing set that she could dress like a doll too. I will invest in an American Girl doll for her when she is older but not yet and I don't want her to be disappointed when she sees my other daughter get her doll. They both just love dolls!!! My dream has come true with my 2 little girls for I too loved dolls!!!!! hahahaha

I used to see nightgowns with matching gowns for barbie dolls, you might look for one of those. Walmart used to carry them or you could look online.

I bought my 1 year old a bitty baby from american girl doll I think it was maybe 40 something dollars maybe half of the regular dolls. They also sell a few matching outfits. You might go that route trust me these dolls cannot be destroyed :).

I don't know of a store, but a lot of baby clothes will fit the larger dolls. Why not pick something easy? Like a black pair of pants and white top with a black hairband? Even if you can't find pants to fit the doll you can find black tights for it and your daughter would match.

Bitty Baby from Am Girl is a good choice for the younger ones,too and there may be matching clothes for it.

Some Christian stores such as Family Christian Stores carry a line of American Girl type products. Also, www.visionforum.com has some little girl/doll outfits that are alike (also similar to AG.)

I had a cabbage patch kid when i was growing up. they always seemed to sell doll and child pj's in places like K-mart so that's what my mom bought me around the holidays.

Hope that helps!

They have a doll called my generation, to me they look like american girl dolls. I think they are pretty cool, you can get clothes and other things to go with them. They run about $40 a piece. But I would go look into those. Your four year old won't know the difference.

My daughter and niece have alot of the American doll collections. Yes I don't blame you on the too young thing. My niece started getting started on her collection I guess about 4 and my daughter was 5 they didnt mess theirs up. They are both teenagers now and still have all their things. I saw matching clothes sets at the Learning Express. They even had some of the American doll collection there as well. The books too. Right next to where they had those they had some clothes sets for children and their dolls not as expensive as the American doll sets. Also you can buy patterns from McCalls and Simplicity that have patterns for children and their dolls. If you don't sew I'm sure you'll find a mom who sews from one of the ladies here that will do it at a reasonable price. Good luck

American Girl clothes will fit any 18" doll.

1 / 3