Dog Suddenly Peeing Around the House????

This is not true mom question...rather a family pet question...which is stressing mom out...

My little 4 yr. old Bishon-Poodle mixed dog suddenly started peeing all around our main floor yesterday? I am baffled. She used to have her own doggie door and could go at will, and was completely housebroken, then we moved and she lost that freedom, so I have spent a lot of time retraining her to go outside on a schedule. and take her on daily for walks. And this has been successful for several months now.

So yesterday, it's pouring down rain, I took her out first thing in the morning, skipped the long mid-morning walk, hubs took her out in the afternoon for a short walk....and she peed in her cage, on 2 spots on our family area rug, and what's bizarre, peed in a huge circle in the family dining area??? My husband also gave her a bath and my daughter had a girlfriend over, so that tends to get her extra excited...so I could understand one pee spot because we did not take her out after all the excitement....but not the weird circular pattern in the dining area.

What are the possibilities? Infection? She's mad at me?

Thanks for your input.

OK....so far 10 out of 10 recommended calling the vet....will let you know how it all comes out - literally.

Yes, dog is spayed.

My first thought is infection. Second thought, behavioral bc of all the changes. I would take her to the vet.

Probably an infection so a trip to the vet is in order.

Get her checked out at the vet - could be a bladder infection or similar, something like that will make them feel like they need to pee all the time (just like with people).

Could be urinary tract or kidney infection. Take her to the vet and let them test a urine sample - they have you take the dog outside and then they slip a tray under her when she pees, and they collect it easily that way.

Could also be stress/anxiety related but you have to rule out the infection first. It's also way easier to treat!

You might want to take her to the vet. We had something similar happen and it turned out to be related to a bladder infection or uti.

When our cat did this it was b/c he had a really bad UTI... call the vet!

I'd rule out a UTI--otherwise she's (excuse my French) pi$$ed off!

Make sure the vet does a urine CULTURE not just a urinalysis. That is the only true way to rule out an infection!

1 / 3