Does Your Husband Play Video Games All the Time?

I am wodering if there is anybody that is married to someone that plays the Xbox 360 Call Of Duty 4? I thought it would be kinda funny to see how many responses I would get from this or if I'm the only lucky one with a husband that has this hobby. He plays all the time and never gets sick of it. It's not something I'm loosing sleep over its just annoying. Hope to here from someone....

Mine too!!! He'll stay up all night and then try to sleep in the next morning. Oh NO!!! I make him get up and help with the kids.

My hubby plays ALL the time. He stays up until 3-4 am and then gets up and plays more before he goes to work.
I do not know how he does it.
I would not care that he was always playing if he actually slept. When he doesn't get enough sleep he gets grupmy and then I have to deal with that.
I do not understand what is so interesting.

My husbands game of choice is Mass Effect, almost every day when I get home from work he is playing. He used to play World of Warcraft online, but switched from that to the 360. I don't mind it but it does get annoying sometimes. He did do something sweet, in a nerdy way I guess, when he made his newest lead character to play he made it to resemble me. I have thought about learning to play but I have too much to do without sitting there on the couch with him. Hope this is the kind of response you were looking for! - B.

I am starting to not lose sleep over my husband playing HALO all of the time. we have been married for 5 months and he used to be a truck driver. now that he is home working local, i never realized how far apart we still are. he eats, sleeps, breathes this game and says that he plays it to vent. meanwhile, he is cursing and throwing things because he doesn't win the round and blames it on me because i apparently am a distraction--by his distraction meaning i am home. he tells me that i need to find somewhere else to be..it has put a stop to things we do together--we don't do husband and wife things together--at all.

I had to respond to this because it hits close to home. We don't have an XBox 360, but we have almost all the other consoles (as a matter of fact, I just bought on Thursday the new 80GB playstation 3 for my husband as a birthday present). I used to hate how much game playing he did - computer games and game consoles until last December. After years of suggesting that I play a game with him and see if I like it, I finally gave in and started playing City of Heroes on the computer with him (I've always played console games - what can I say? I'm a child of the 80s). And you know what... I enjoy it! I sometimes even play when he doesn't! It still annoys me sometimes when one "quick" mission lasts over an hour, but he doesn't neglect his responsibilities to play games and now that I know what it feels like to play a game (and have teammates who are relying on me, which is one of the appeals of these online games), I understand that he can't just pause the game.

I would suggest that you find a game you could both play together. It really is a nice way to bond! :)

FYI - If you're at all familiar with World of Warcraft (or your husband is), check out the video on YouTube called "World of Wifecraft". It's about these [fictional] wives who turned real life into a WoW game so their husbands spend more time with them. Very funny)

Sister.. I feel you..and I too am the "lucky one" lol...My husband and I are stationed here in Iraq (at least we are both here at the same time!) but- on off days and between our missions, we used to just do our computer time,playing our i pod music to relax.. then the PX had a sale on the xbox360.. (he used to be a gamer before we started dating), but now he is back into it, full fledged! our tv in our chu didn't have the color effects he needed , so he went and got a flat screen for the graphics..now I am looking for headphones with a long enough cord for him to wear, as the sounds make me nuts.( I know the sound is cool while playing, but as a stadby chick it is so annoying) another bummer.. I have noticed that recently that he seems to get all aggro if " interrupted", or right after he plays.. he gets "snippy"..( umm yah with ME..!!??) a big no no.. I told him that if that continued, he can go stay in his personal assigned chu, as my time here is also for relaxation, and it consists of yoga, norah jones, colbie calliat and reading, so no need for that attitude , Sir..~~!!!.. awe hell naw! ( lol) I am just trying to make our time here pass in a calm loving relaxing way ( counting down to our leave) & trying to support him in his hobby , and yet, really miss just our quiet music / internet time, I mean we LIVE in a war zone, and on the training academy range so it is gunshot and tactical training 24/7..<sigh> maybe ii am being naggy and cranky.. but sheesh, my ears hurt from my headphones being on all the time.. cant wait till his come in the mail..lol

My husband plays Modern Warfare 2 for endless hours. I am so sick of it. He plays till 3,4 or 5 in the morning since he is laid off and sleeps to noon and plays some more. They we have pre ordered Black Ops which comes out the first part of November so I don't see anything but an increase in his playing. I am not a happy wife lately!!

My Fiance PLAYS HIS XBOX all the TIME!!! It used to not bother me at all, but now its getting to the point of enough is enough. What i want to know is when is it too much? when he's playing from afternoon till 4 in the morning? I feel that it has caused a gap in our relationship. Instead of going out and doing new things and going places, our life is passing us by on the living room couch on a 42" Flat screen. I dont know what to do, or how to approch it, most of the time i feel like yanking it out of the wall and throwing it over the balcony.
Maybe thats a little extreme?....so, how do women win the war against XBOX?

Well- it was a definite habit - another game tho- when my son was also playng- now that my son is 17- my husband just never bothers with it anymore
but we dont have Xbox either- lol

yes I also have a husband who is an xbox junkie he and my son are always playing the game HALO. Yes it drives me crazy too.He is not very productive around the house anymore since he started playing and I feel like I have another kid.

1 / 3