Does Your Child Sweat a Lot While Sleeping?

Hello,

I have been worried about my son who is 3 1/2 because he sweats at night. He sweats to where he is saturated, his hair is soaked, his face is flushed, his head and neck are warm and wet. I mentioned this to his primary awhile back and he didn't seem too concerned about it, but it is bothering me. It doesn't matter is he is in short sleeved pj's or long sleeved or if it is the winter or summer, he sweats even lying outside of a cover. Does anyone else have a child who does this, should I be concerened? Any feedback would be appreciated. thank you, L.

Thanks so much for everyone's input! It makes me rest easier to know that it is pretty common. I will look into the fabric that is better for the heat but besides that, I will let my worries go. I apreciate all your responses. L.

Yes my daughter sweats tremendously. We think she inherited it from her dad cause he does too. She has sweaty hands/feet and sweats so bad at night/sleeping. Its hard cause she has long hair and all of it is soaked.

My son is 14 months and has been a sweater since he was born. So far his head just gets sweaty and hot. You should see the poor kid in winter when he fell asleep in the car with a hat on. Looked like he was swimming in a pool. His daddy get sweaty when he sleeps, so maybe it's hereditary.

I have a daughter that is 18 now and she would sweat so much her covers, sheets and herself were soaked! It happened right after she went to sleep, but within a few hours she would be dry. She did outgrow this. Our 7 yr. old son does the same thing....his hair is ringing wet.....I don't do this and my children have different Dad's so I don't know about inheritance.

My son is 6 years old. He sweats in his sleep all the time. It sounds like the same exact things that your child does. I have never been concerned about it because when he walks up he is fine. I have a 2 year old and he is the opposite.

Iam sooo glad that there is other parents out there dealing with the same thing. My 2 1/2 yr old son is a major sweater!!! I thought there was something wrong with him but after reading everyones answers I feel alot better...Thank you!

I have been having the same problem with my 9 year old daughter. i have been doing some research and came across an article that may help. Please remember the first thing this article says is not to jump to conclusions and not to panic, but there are a few things they need to rule out. I hope you find the answers you need. i have made an appointment to have my daughter checked out.

http://www.twinmattress.org/when-children-suffer-sweating...

its driving me nuts all i have my 3 yr old covered in is a sheet and a fan on her still her hair is drenched so i tied it back but yet no fever just sweaty its scary i hope nothings wrong with her ....B.

My daughter is 11 months old now, and has always sweat in her sleep.. to the point of saturate sheets and soaking hair. I never understood why, but started thinking about it a lot lately. When she goes to sleep on her own, I notice she always tries to get one foot outside of her covers lol. I always thought it was cute, but insisted on covering her up so she wouldn't get cold. She is right here next to me, sound asleep at the moment. She was covered with a light blanket up to her waist, and in nothing but a diaper, but still sweating like crazy. I was just remembering about how babies lose their body heat through their head, because their other sweat glands aren't developed yet. Even though her body and even her head felt fine, not warm at all, I decided to uncover her completely and see if it made a difference. Sure enough, 5-10 minutes later her hair began to dry and the sweating stopped completely. I'm shocked, I never thought she would just be hot because her body and head felt fine to me, not even a little warm. But here it is 2 hours later, she is still uncovered completely and still sweat-free. My sheet is actually starting to dry lol. This is a breakthrough for us, because she has dealt with these night sweats for almost a year. Her skin feels a little cool now, so I am going to cover her back up, maybe just her legs. But atleast now I know that it is merely a matter of being temperature-sensitive. Shes now been covered (only her legs) for about ten minutes and still no sweat. Normally she'd be drenched by now. Sorry so long, but I hope this helps somebody out there with the same issue. Goodnight Everyone and Good luck :)

Yes I no How you fill I have a 9 month old baby boy and Ive been reallly concered about how much he sweats. He sweats when he sleeps where his hair is soaking wet and his face is red. I have not took him to a doctor yet but I plan on it.

1 / 3