Does Vinegar and Water or Lemon Juice and Water Really Clean??

just wondering if anybody has used either of these too clean around the house vinegar and water or lemon juice and water or straight lemon juice??

I started using vinegar/water a few months ago and love it!! It's cheap, and I think cleans better than the cleaners I previously bought. I also use it in laundry (mostly cloth diaper laundry, but also regular laundry sometimes if it's an extra stinky load).

Yes, both work well to clean. It is so nice to use instead of chemicals when you have little ones. I highly recommend.

Yes! Especially if you forgot to put your load of wet clothes into the dryer and it smells like mold-throw some vinegar in the wash with soap and wash it again, you won't get that musty smell when the towels are dry.

yep, vinegar is awesome, cheap, and works on many surfaces...I even mop my kitchen floor with it... leaves a no wax floor very shiny. It's so cheap I dont know why more people dont use it. We are all hooked on the pinesol sent to make people "think" things are clean.... Vinegar also kills mold and mildew. Anywhere you would use bleach you can safely use vinegar.

I use vinegar on everything it is a real good degreaser and never have used lemon juice

vinegar and water makes a fabulous window cleaner (1 part vinegar to 2 parts water) and bascially cuts grease. It works well on floors too. I use lemon juice and water for stuff in the kitchen since it smells good. I also do my MIL's laundry - she lives in a nursing home and her laundry can come to me pretty ripe with urine. I use baking soda and vineger along with the laundry detergent and it is an amazing odor eliminator when used together - not as effective when used alone.

I use vinegar on my faucets i'll spray them down really good clean with a toothbrus to get all the gunk build up of then soak the heads with vinegar to get the hard water build up cleared out so for the waer can run smoothly again.It does work also heating up vinegar dumping baking soda down teh drains then poouring the hot vinegar downt he drain clears them out also the smells are gone.Sometimes I do fill up a water bottle with vinegar & water to spray down the counters the bathroom the toilet just an all suface cleaner.

yep, I use the vinegar one all the time.

I know that Vinegar was used by pioneers to discinfect and wash all sorts of things.

Lemon is a very good cleaner and smells good. But I'm referring to lemon oil. I don't know about lemon juice.

Yes, they are excellent, but you might want to try different "recipes" for different cleaning applications. I use baking soda for an awful lot of cleaning, too; adding it to laundry, using as a scouring powder, adding to water for general cleaning.

Here is a list of natural, cheap and effective cleaning alternatives and easy-to-make solutions: http://eartheasy.com/live_nontoxic_solutions.htm

Add a little baking soda too. Realy great. I also use steem on things like the front of ym kitched cubords and things like that.

im not sure about vinegar and water, but baking soda and water or baking soda and vinegar certainly do!

yes, it does work. I prefer tea tree oil though. Ive tried the mixes at home and they just dont totally do it for me. I buy my cleaners with tea tree oil now. i buy them online so they are pretty inexpensive. they definitely work great though.

vinegar and water work great. i use that, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Pretty much cleans anything!

When I worked for Merry Maids we used vinegar and water to clean floors, considering they probably had access to top of the line commercial cleansers and also probably did extensive research I think there is probably some merit to it. The floors are not sticky and it won't cause build up, its safer than using bleach and if diluted properly doesn't irritate with a bad odor. I use white vinegar and water for my kitchen floors and I also use baking soda to clean my sinks and bathroom.

Yes! I also use vinegar on my counters sometimes, always on my glass and mirrors and always in the laundry. I use it to get some of the stink out of my husbands work out clothes and our towels from the pool but it's also supposed to be a fabric softener too. I don't use the sheets or liquid any more for that and I'm happy with vinegar. If you use Costco they have giant jugs of it for like $2!