Does Resolve Really Work?

My husband did some rearranging over the weekend..we can definitely tell which part of the carpet had traffic on it....so some parts of the carpet is lighter than the other..any ideas on how to clean the carpet? I was thinking of using Resolve? Any ideas?

Thanks to all in advance.

I would just steam clean it. It'll be hard to get more than a spot cleaned up with Resolve. Resolve is good for spots, but not for larger areas.

If you have little kids, it's best not to use it. It can get into a little cut on a child's skin and discolor it.

I used Resolve when my husband spilled a glass of red wine on the carpet. It was all I had, so I had to go with it. It didn't get it all out,(left a "shadow") but it wasn't red anymore, thank goodness!

You can probably use every product under the sun, but your carpet will probably never match until the other part gets worn!

Resolve works on stains but sometimes requires a lot of elbow grease, too. I don't think it will help with your situation, though, because you can't undo wear on the carpet, or force wear to make it look even. You could try renting a shampooer and doing a really good job of the whole thing, or hire a company to do it.

resolve is ok but not for big areas. rent a carpet steamer from safeway. you don't have to use the chemical stuff they tell you to put in it - you can use a little vinegar in the water and/or your choice of cleaner diluted by water. even the water alone works wonders to steam clean your carpet. good luck!

I recommend a professional cleaning above all else (better than a Rug Doctor, which would be my second choice). If you can't afford that, then I really like Hot Shot better than resolve (they both work). You could also just direct your kids to play on the cleaner parts! ha ha!

Dawn - it that red wine stain is still there, you can try Windex/Glass Plus on it - have seen that stuff take out red dye as well as Koolaid before! (hopefully there have been no formula changes to it)

I don't have any experience with Resolve. I have a Hoover Steam Vac and use Melaleuca cleaning products with it. I recently steam cleaned a carpet in my daughter's house that had old motor oil stains on it, and was amazed at how clean they came out. I did rub a bit of the cleaner directly into the spots first. Then I went over the carpet with the steam vac and the spots are gone!

1 / 3