Does JCPS Have Preschool?

im looking to get my daughter in to preschool to get her learning underway. I know of a few preschools near my house but seeing as how im not working and hunnys check only goes so far ... i was wondering if anyone know of any free or cheaper programs that are good.

JCPS has several preschool programs, but they are ones you pay for. They are cheaper than a private preschool. My son goes to the one at J-town Elementary and it (and the teacher) are great.

jcps does have preschool...they have a few tuition based programs...my son goes to the new Farmer elementary. If your child is delayed, she can be tested (thru Early childhood education)and if she qualifies, she can go to preschool 1/2 day for 4 days a week.

JCPS also has some tuition based sites...like $115/week, 5 days a week, all day but no bus transportation. If she qualifies w/ a delay, that amount is less. I'll try to find a phone number for you to call.

JCPS has a jump start program for 3 and 4 year olds. I'm not sure is all schools have them but you could call your local elementary school and they can tell you about it. I know Minors Lane Elementary has it and maybe Coral Ridge

A little bit about me

I a single mother of 2 a girl 16 and son 21. I work as a paralegal

They do, it's also income based I believe, but if you don't qualify for the reduction it's $115 a week plus $2 a day for meals, my son just got a note sent home about it yesterday but I threw it away, they're enrolling now,

Yes, Bates Elem. does. It is located on Bardstown Rd.near the Gene Synder. You could also call the school board for more info in your area.

Yes they do. It's either by income qualification or if they have speech problems or a disability. You can get in also by paying, but the classes are so small they probably won't get in. My daughter is 4 also and has been on the list now since the beginning of the school year. I will say though that she would be going into the 3 yr program, cause she missed the cut off by 6 days.

1 / 3