Does Anyone Know Where I Can Hold a Baby Shower?

I am planning a baby shower for my sister and unfortunately we all live in apartments. Can anyone tell me of any good places to have this? Thank you

Bath junkie is a great place for private get togethers! Here's their website, There are a few locations in the metroplex (just click on locations).

http://www.allshadesgray.com/scgi-bin/index.cgi

Good Luck!!!

I just hosted a baby shower at Patrizio's restaurant on Park in Plano. It was awesome. We just made a menu to go on each place setting that matched the invites telling people that we were serving appetizers and cake for dessert and that they could choose coffee, tea or soft drinks for their beverage. It was way easier than having it at my house. The table was set up in the private room so it was really fun. I highly recommend it! They also let you bring in your own cake and don't charge a cutting fee. If you are looking for a gift I have a business where I make custom artwork for infant nurseries. I just did 2 orders one was for a painting and another was for ribbon letters for the baby's room. Good luck with your baby shower!!!!!

If the weather is nice, I would have it outside on the patio of Obzeet (near Frankford & Preston). It is a really nice place, very laid back and it feels like you are in Austin.

Why not a private room at a restaurant? Many offer a small banquet room ..or even the club house at your apartment complex?

I'm sure you might have considered this, but what about the club house at one of the apartments? They are usually nice and great set ups for showers and such.

I helped host a large baby shower (75 people) for a friend. none of us had a house that could accomodate that many people. we used the clubhouse of an apartment complex. it turned out very well and was nice. it was a newish complex, and the clubhouse was well decorated and comfortable.

my other thought is a restaurant. hope that helps!

Not sure how much you are wanting to spend but I am planning to give one for my sister as well and we are looking at Lavender House in McKinney (Eldorado and 75). Its a new chic tea room and I have seen other showers in there before.
Good luck! A.

You can call Murphy Road Baptist Church in Murphy. They have weddings, baby showers, etc. for nonchurch members.

Good Luck!!!

My sister had a wedding shower for me at Mariposa. It's the restaurant inside Neiman's at Willowbend. They will do a special small sandwiches/finger size deserts and tea for $15/person. It was perfect.

I have a similar dilemma. I live in a house, but it is extremely small (980sqft) and in such poor condition that I would be too embarrassed to have a shower here. I have already done some calling around and found that there are several restaurants that have private rooms that you could use at no charge, as long as everyone eats something. If you didn't want to do it at a restaurant, does your complex not have a clubhouse you can rent? My other idea is to have it in a room at our church. Churches usually rent rooms to their members at a discount and will allow you to bring your own food. Depending on how many people who will attend, here is a short list of restaurants that could accommodate:

*Enchiladas
*Dixie House in Lakewood (upstairs)
*Big Shucks on Mockingbird Ln.
*Matt's in Lakewood (upstairs)
*Bucca de Beppo

Or, just call some local ones in Plano to see if they have private rooms.

Another possibility would be if any of her friends have a club membership anywhere at a country club (but you'd have to use their catering).

Another idea I had was to call a local hotel to see if they had a presidential or deluxe hospitality suite that I could use. Most hotels will waive the room fee if you purchase so much $$ for catering the event. Good thing about this is you wouldn't have to mess with clean-up.

Main Street Bakery in Grapevine
Any Tea place
Le Madeline

Usually apartment complexes will lease their clubhouse at a very reasonable rate for events like showers or receptions. Maybe you could each call your apartment office to see who has the best place.

It's okay that everyone lives in an apartment. I've been to plenty of baby showers in apartments or in the apartments' 'party room.' If you just have too many people, consider the following: at someone's church; at someone's parents' house; at the honoree's place of business; or at a restaurant.

Have you looked at Into My Garden Tea Room on 15th Street in downtown Plano? It's inside the Nooks and Crannies gift shop. I have attended several showers there and it is a quaint little place with good food. www.intomygarden.com.

Are you looking for a restaurant? If so, the Celebrity Cafe is really good. Great lunch and desserts. You may already know of it. There is one in Frisco, Plano and Addison.