Does Anyone Know What to Do with Old Bras?

I have a bunch of bras that no longer fit. Does anyone know of any places I can donate them?

What a great question. I normally toss mine but no more! I plan to donate them to a woman's shelter too.

The B. R., a division of Bosom Buddy Recycling LLC, will gladly take them! They collect gently used bras to provide to women in shelters and transitional housing. For criteria on how to donate, as well as to find a donation center in your area, visit them online at www.brarecycling.com

Hi K.. My church actually collects them for I-Help (homeless assistance). I am happy to pick them up and donate them.
A. ###-###-####

I always send all my old stuff to Goodwill - I hope they are able to send them on to other places if they can't put them on the floor for resale.

But, I do think that finding a women's shelter is probably one of the better ideas. Perhaps even church groups have charities they know of that may be able to utilize them.

Possibly homeless shelters. womens shelters, or disaster relief places...

When I was in high school in Pennsylvania, I took the bus to school in the country. We passed thru East Bangor along the way, and all the kids laughed because someone had wrapped and hooked a bra around a telephone pole! It was there for days! Your question made me remember that! Aside from potential entertainment value for today's youth, I would recommend probably donating them instead!
C. in Wisconsin

Yes. You can recycle your bras with The Bra Recyclers. Visit their website at www.brarecycling.com. They donate a portion of their bras to shelters around the country.

Great question - and some great answers! I have long wondered the same thing. Thanks for asking!

1 / 3