Does Anyone Have Any Grandparents Day Craft Ideas?

Grandparents day is coming up in a couple weeks, and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for thoughtful crafts that a 2 year old might be able to do. My daughter has drawn a million pictures for her grandparents, so I'm looking for something a little more creative to give them (along with a visit!) on grandparents day. Any ideas?

For Christmas last year, I bought this tile decorating kit from Target. It comes with 2 large tiles, wooden frames, paint, decorative ribbon to hang the tile and a smock! It was great because I had 2 tiles, one for each grandma. I had each of my sons put their handprint on it, they painted the wooden frames and I put the year on it. The paint is easily cleaned up, so if you goof, you can fix it. It ran about $20. Good luck and have fun!

the oriental trading company has a bunch of cute inexpensive crafts, ie magnets, etc you can do with your child, (foam magnets to put pictures in for the refigerator) Just a lot of fun things for parents and kids to do for gifts. We have a lot of fun with that. Just one idea.

I have helped my son make stepping stone for his grandparents (and Godparents) also I make cards for every occasion on the computer inserting relevant pictures then outline my sons hand in the card.

We made cards that had a picture of my children with their Grandparents. It was nice and personalized and they loved it.

I know one thing that grandparents really love is a collage of pictures of your child and maybe the other grandchildren. I usually put baby ones and then several from each year. and be sure to put ones with the grandparents. you can buy collage frames or you can just buy a frame for a poster and stick the pictures on a piece of poster board.

Visit www.parents.com/september they have a Greatest grandparent award that your child can color, they also have pins. You can find this craft near the center of the page, its titled something like, grandparents day craft/award. My husband and I took this idea and kind of made our own specialized certificates. I hope this helps! I thought this was a good idea...when my cousins and I were younger, we made a certificate like this for my grandma...she is now 80+ years old and still has the certificate in her entry way.

Make a stepping stone. You can get a kit at a craft store like JoAnns (40% off coupons if you have the paper or are on the mailing list), or just buy the stuff yourself. You can do her handprints. It's really cute, and she can do one every year.

my kids did this last year at christmas time. we made iron ons of the kids faces on the computer then ironed on the t shirt...then added their handprints around their faces. the grandpas loved these...the grandmas we made canvas tote bags doing the same thing. my kids had a ball making the hand prints....any fabric store carries everything you would need...
I hope this helps

1 / 3