Does Anyone Have Any Experience with Craigs List or Kid-to-Kid?

I have a lot of childrens clothing and toys that my children have outgrown and I'd like to try and sell some of these things to hopefully make a little bit of my money back. I've had 2 yard sales and while the 1st one was great this 2nd one did not do as well. Yard sales are great but too much work so I wanted to look into other options for selling my stuff. Has anyone had any experience with selling childrens items on Craigs List or using this store called Kid-to-Kid? Someone told me about this place and it's like a consignment store but they pay you up front when you drop the clothes off. I thought about eBay but that would entail me shipping the clothing and I don't want to be bothered with all that. Just wanted to get some feedback from other Mom's to see what they do. Thanks!

I love the Spring Chicken sale... and it's coming up next month! I got my son some great outfits there last year. http://www.springchickensale.com/

Kid-to-Kid is very picky. And I don't think they give a whole lot for what they buy. They definitely make a good profit on the stuff when they resell it. Much rather buy from there than sell.

I've sold on Craigslist before and had good luck... I think it's more for big items though.

Also, there is www.kizoodle.com which is like Ebay but you get Kizoodle cash instead of real cash (so you pretty much swap with other people)... they have all sorts of stuff. I have a code for them. If you enter referral code 7JT1PN they were giving you free Kizoodle cash

I recently took a co-sleeper (never used - $40) and a doorway bouncer ($30) in perfect condition and both less then 4 months old to Kid to Kid and they gave me a total of $15.50. It was pretty much an insult! I got more satisfaction from giving our old stuff away to someone who really needed it! I posted on mamasource and found a taker in minutes!

God Bless You & Your Family,

Hi

Not sure where you live but I have had good luck with One More Time consignment shop in Swedesboro. If it sells you get 50%. I felt they set their prices a little high but people do buy the stuff. Items have to be in good shape. IT is all tracked on the web for you and you can log on anytime. I was doing ebay but got tired of going to the USPS with my son in tow. USPS prices are getting really high and found a lot of people are not shopping on ebay as much as they used to. Unless you do large lots of clothing items very rarely sell. Also, Pay Pal and Ebay fees are pretty high.

Have tried Craig List but had no luck.

i never tried kid-to-kid. but i have used craigslist. although, when i've listed clothing for children in the past i didn't have much luck. i did buy some items from there and have never had a problem. i noticed that kids clothing doesn't go too fast on there, you might do better at a consignment shop for those and use craigslist for the toys.
good luck!

I just sold my double stroller to kid-to-kid. I paid about $90 for the stroller and they bought it for $30. I was happy. The whole process took about 7 minutes. I would definitely recommend trying them.

I have not personally had experience with Kid-to-Kid, but my neighbor always does pretty well. She doesn't expect to earn too much money for her clothes, but always walks out with a decent amount (she takes the store credit) for two tubs/bags full. Again, she's just happy to have the clothes out of her house! They will donate the clothes they won't sell to the church across the street. As long as you don't have a said amount you MUST have I think you'll do fine!
As for Craigslist, I wouldn't spend the mommy hours posting because it's not worth it. I've searched for clothes and not liked anything I saw - and they were overpriced! Plus, we women like to feel, see, touch, and smell used clothes before we purchase. Good luck!

I have sold numerous items to kid to kid. Note though that they are very selective with what they will take and how much they will offer you for it. Give them a try though, good luck.

I've sold to kid to kid and have had ok experience. They buy outright. I sold a bag of clothes and some toys and received $6. Not a ton, but, hey it was gone!

I've sold a few things on Craigslist, also works ok, downside is the painstaking making pictures of each thing. I have had more success with delaware county cheapcycle (a yahoo group). There you don't have to post pictures (look for delcopacheapcycle under yahoo groups)

Finally, my sister and I started a semi-annual consignment sale of baby and kid stuff in Havertown last year. We always welcome new consignors. You price your things and get 50, 60 or 70 percent of the proceeds of your items based on whether you can volunteer to help with the sale or not. I'm biased, but obviously, I like the Spring Chicken Kids Consignment Sale (www.springchickensale.com) because you can get rid of the most things the quickest at the best profit for you. I typically am able to sell about 60-70% of the things I bring to the sale if I price them at about 1/3 of retail.

1 / 3