Does Anyone Have a Cleaner They Recommend for Laminate Flooring?

I just got wood laminate flooring and don't know what to clean it with. Does anyone have a product that they use and really like? My mother-in-law suggested a Bona brand cleaner. Has anyone used and liked/ disliked this product? I'd love any suggestions. Thanks so much. :0)

I like ZEP Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner. I use it on my laminate flooring. It was recommended to me by my daughter who also has laminate flooring. It does a good job. Home Depot sells it. Hope it helps you.

Yeah, the BONA is the best for these floors. I also just use a damp cloth with plain water if I'm all out of Bona.

For wood laminate or any wood flooring, keep it simple. Our Rep. told us to use vinegar & water. Just don't use anything abrasive or caustic or too harsh.

I'm assuming yours IS "wood" laminate, and not "wood-like" laminate?

I've never tried the Bona brand.

If anything, call the store where you got it from, and ask what they recommend.

Susan

I have had my floors for 4 years and I strictly use vinegar and water. I put one part vinegar to 4 parts water in a squirt bottle. I squirt the area then mop it clean with one of the flat surface mops that you put a terry cloth over. It works great and it's non-toxic!Another thing we bought to keep it swept is the Roomba! I turn the Roomba on when I leave and it keeps my floors swept for me.

I use vinegar and water - why pay more for fancy cleaners?? Also, ants do not like the smell of vinegar, so it also has a mild pesticide effect. The floors are a dream to keep clean, I have had a very easy time cleaning all sorts or stuff - permanent marker, jello, etc.

The vinegar is great for the wood laminate floors, but do NOT use vinegar on natural stone (granite, marble, or even tile) the acidity of the vinegar will degrade the sealant applied to the stone and grout and it will lose its shine and be vulnerable to staining.

Hi M. S.

My name is D. M. and I own a house cleaning business. I have used Bona for several years in my clients homes and they (and myself) love the product. It is water based and is non-toxic so it is not harmful to children which would be a concern since you have small ones that will be on the floor. The best place to purchase at the best price is Smart and Final. Good luck!!!

We have laminate flooring in our kitchen. It is a rental, so many people have lived on these floors, and they sure show it..
I have had the hardest & most frustrating time trying to clean these floors and make them look somewhat white again. I have found that Sol-U-Mel from Melaleuca works miracles for my laminate rental kitchen floor! Honestly, ,it was a true test and Sol-U-Mel passed with flying colors! I just used a very small amount, maybe about 2 tablespoons of the concentrated formula and added some water to my kitchen sink and just cleaned the whole kitchen floor (and the wood framing along the flooring too) with much success! I would highly recommend you give it a shot..
you can check it out at http://www.melaleuca.com
and if you have questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Good Luck,
V. G.

We use vinegar and water, too.

Apple Cider Vinegar and warm water works the best. Vinegar works as a cleaner safely on just about any surface. It takes out all the gunk and any smells. I use it all the time on countertops, sinks, floors, and the bathtub.

We LOVE the Bona product. They have one for hardwood and one specifically made for laminate products. They also have a wood refresher product that I'm dying to try. Thumbs up for Bona!

1 / 3