Does AFLAC Cover Maternity?

Does anyone know if there is an AFLAC policy that covers maternity leave? I don't get paid maternity through my employer, and was looking for/wondering if there are any short term disability-type policies out there to soften the blow of an unpaid maternity leave... any info is welcome. FYI, I am not pregnant now. Looking to plan for the hopefully near future.

To clarify, I do have medical coverage that will cover the medical expenses, I'm wondering if they provide any kind of income replacement, like a short term disability policy...

Thanks...

L., my husband has sold Aflac for over 10 years and is currently the #5 agent in AZ. He can help you. I'll PM his email and cell number. You are smart to think ahead and not wait until after you're pregnant! :)

yes they do - but there is a time limit before it is covered. It is probably different in each state depending on the laws in your state. I think it is covered just under the normal disability section of the plan. You can also add hospital stay stuff that covers it and you get reimbursed quite a bit of money....I didn't know about this until after I had my last baby, but it would've been nice to have!! Good Luck ~

Yes they do have a program (I called about it too). You need to have it for at least 10 months before they will give you any coverage, but they will help to cover bills and things like that. Call an agent to ask, but when I called (over the summer), there was an option.

1 / 3