Dodge Grand Caravan Vs. Toyota Sienna

I am looking into buying a van this month. This will be the first mini-van that I have owned. I'm debating between the Dodge Grand Caravan and the Toyota Sienna. I would like to get opinions on each and personal experience (good and bad!) that you have. Thanks!

Neither in my opinion. We bought a Honda Odyssy and loved it. I felt the door opening for the Sienna was too small. I kept bumping my head. The Dodge felt cramped in the 3rd row. IMHO Look at all vans, get in them as if you had the kids getting loaded into their car seats etc. it will help

Sienna - no question! It's a Toyota...who in their right mind would buy a Chrysler over a Toyota unless you've got tons of money to waste on repairing the Chrysler all the time....

We had a Dodge Caravan and had a number of problems. It just seemed like there was always something going wrong. We then bought a Ford Windstar and had even more problems with that one. We bought a used Toyota Sienna in 2003 and have never had a problem with it. It has a 190,000 miles on it and has gone to Florida and back twice, Texas, Colorado, the east coast and Chicago on a nearly monthly basis. I should have put my foot down when my husband wanted to get something other than a Toyota. Before kids, I had a Corolla and Tercel and loved both.

We had a dodge minivan and we had to unexpectedly donate it at only 110K miles because the transmision was going on it. When we brought it in to our mechanic he said he was surprised that it lasted that long as those are notorious for the transmission being really bad. He said they usually had to be replaced around 80K! We bought the Honda Odyssey and we love it. We compared the Odyssey and the Sienna and to me there was no comparison. The Odyssey has more features for less money and will last as long as Toyota.

I have a Dodge Grand Caravan, which is my 3rd van (the first two were Ford Windstars). I would highly recommend it! I absolutely love it! The option of the seats all folding down into the floor is ingenious!

I don't have any opinion on the Toyota Sienna except to say that with all the recalls that Toyota has been having (albeit not with their vans) I think I'd shy away from them.

Besides, Dodge invented the minivan and is an American company!

I've owned both, the quality is much higher in the Sienna! Sienna is also a much quieter riding van, Caravan was very noisy, especially on the interstate.

I have liked the Dodge Caravans and the Chrysler T&C, BUT! The 2008 T&C is NOT for Minnesota! The wipers rest below the windshield so the defrost doesn't melt the ice off the wipers!!!

Check ALL accessories...I didn't, and have to manually adjust rearview mirrors...outside. I thought the doohicky that does that while you're in the driver's seat was a standard item and had been for YEARS! Believe me, I'm trading as soon as I possibly can. Wish me luck on Monday! :)

Go with the advice of the others, too...check online on all comments. The stow and go isn't worth the wipers freezing up...not to me, anyway. I'm starting to research vehicles, myself... :)

Love my Honda Odyssey. Automatic slidding doors are a wonderful thing. Sooo much space.
Seems like Toyota is going through some problems at the moment, maybe not with the Sienna, but not sure I would trust them right now. Although you could probably get a good deal.

We bought an 8 passenger 2008 Sienna 1 1/2 yrs ago and LOVE it! We owned a Windstar for 7 yrs prior to this. We didn't even consider the Caravan because of the problems our close friends had with the transmission. They had to replace their transmission 3 times and one of those times was on a long trip to Disney World.

I love, love, love my Sienna! It's so much roomier than our old Windstar. We have 5 children and we all fit comfortably in it. Our oldest child is 14 yrs old, he's 6 ft tall and weighs 235 lbs. He fits very comfortably in the far back seat and it's very easy to lift the side seats to get in.

Hope this info helps!

1 / 3