Doctors and Hospitals

We are moving back to Clw this week from Chicago (YEAH!) and I am pregnant with twins and in need of a new OB/GYN - a friend reccommended Dr. Peterfreund (has anyone been a patient of his?) and I am also trying to decide on a hospital - I was told one with a level 3 NICU was best for a twin pregnancy. Has anyone given birth at either Mease Countryside or Morton Plant? Thanks for your help. I appreciate any reccommendations.

wow..you are going to be one busy woman! I just gave birth to my daughter a month ago.She is my youngest of 3 and I had all of them at Morton Plant.Its a great hospital,and I also have Bay Area Womans Care as my OB's. Dr.Miller is my fav but Pererfreun is awesome as well(and he has been a Dr for a long time)
WELL GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

I have never heard of Dr. Peterfeund but my sister deliveried at Mease Countryside and they were excellent. Everyone there was really nice and helpful. The rooms were big and clean and she was very happy there. My next child I will deliver there.

I delievered both of my girls at Morton Plant. I really enjoyed my first delivery, but my second one was a little crazy. I do not feel I was tended to as needed, etc. I am sure it would be different for you since you are having twins. I would think you would be a little higher priority or monitored better. My best friend delivered one of her girls at Mease Countryside by c-section. She said she really liked it. Mease Countryside is newer and the rooms are bigger, FYI. In regard to the doctor, I have not heard of him/her.

Good Luck! Wow, you are going to be super busy. I thought I had my hands full with a two year old and 5 month old!!

Hi N.,
I am a first time mommy to a beautiful 6 month old baby boy. Dr. Peterfruend was my OB/GYN and I absolutely loved him. I had a wonderful experience with him and his entire staff. Everyone was very friendly and efficient. I also delivered at Morton Plant and it was fabulous. Again all the staff their were very friendly and helpful and the hospital was very clean and comfortable. The rooms are nice and they also have beautiful views of the Gulf. Just make sure you request a gulf view before they move you over from the delivery unit ;o). Unfortunately I forgot to ask.:o) Hope this helps and congratulations.

I gave birth at mease countryside. I had a good expirence there, but it depends on which hospital your dr delivers at for you to give birth at. My dr's only delivered there so i had no option. however, they a new maternity ward at Mease and it is very nice, but honestly, I was there for only one and a half days and my expirence was postive,,but mainly because i liked my midwife and I had alot of my interactions with her, nurses come and go, but my midwife was there to coach me and check up on me. To me, that was what was most important.

I work at Morton Plant where I interact with the nursing staff in L&D as well as NICU. They are all excellent & totally on top of their game. Friends of mine who have given birth there have been very pleased with their experiences. I had my daughter at St Joseph's Womens Hosp b/c I was living in Tampa, and wasn't that impressed. I also know women who go to Dr. Peterfreund's group and love it.

Congrats on your growing family! Best of luck.

If I remember correctly, Dr. Peterfreund is from Bay Area Women's Care. They are an absolutely wonderful group and I highly recommend them. Dr. Todd was my doctor and I recommend him to everybody. He was so personable and he seemed just as excited the day I was delivering as we were! They couldn't find scrubs big enough for my husband (6'4") so he was going to have to wear a gown. He didn't care. BUT, Dr. Todd did and he ran down to the laundry room before my c/section to find him some scrubs. He said a man should not be wearing a gown when his son comes into the world. He was so excited when he came back with them. He actually ran by the delivery room to tell me before running down the hallway to my husband. I was laughing and the nurses said he's always like that. I had freaked out during my first c/s (another dr and hospital) and Dr. Todd was so caring throughout the whole thing. He kept reassuring me and would lean over and ask me how I'm doing during the c/s. As you can tell, we just loved him. Anyway, I did get around to all the doctors and they were all so nice. I remember feeling so comfortable with all of them so I'm sure Dr. Peterfreund is just as great. I just can't remember which one he is.

I delivered at Morton Plant. I was very happy with the hospital. The nurses there were sooooo nice. One was so busy in the middle of the night in starting me on water, broth, and then a little solids after my c/section. I know it's their job, but she just seemed so caring. They were great.

WELL GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

N.,

Welcome back! Congrats on joining the "Mommy to 4" club! My kids are 6,5,2,1yr...it's so much fun.

I wanted to recommend my OB in Clearwater Dr. Perez at All Femcare. His number is ###-###-#### and he's a big Cuban Teddy Bear. His staff are always super sweet and always there to help with anything you need.

I delivered my last baby at Mease Countryside and it was like staying in a hotel. I don't know how it would be as far as a NICU is concerned, but I had a c-section and the rooms, staff, and food were amazing. The maternity ward is all brand new, the rooms are very nice and the baby was able to be in the room with me right from delivery. Again, will probably be a different scenario with twins, but you can go and tour the facility and check it out.

They have a nice kitchen where anyone that is staying with you or visiting can go and get snacks and you get to order your food from a restaurant style menu, so I had ceasar salads, soups, etc...it's not 5 star quality, but it was like eating a cafe (much nicer than the food at the other hospitals I was at with my other kids) it's important when you are there for more than a few days.

I hope this helps, feel free to contact me if you need anything else, I'd love to hook up and set up a playdate when you are up for it. I have another friend who goes between Chicago and here and she has 4 young kids also. We can all play together...my kids would love it!

C. E.

1 / 3