Do Your OB GYN Do Blood Work During Your Annual Check-up?

My OB GYN never does any blood work when I go for my annual exam, but some of my co-workers say their doctor always do blood work. My appointment is coming up and I'm trying to see how many of you ladies have blood work done.

Mine only does it every 5 years, unless there is a reason to do it.

I bet you could request some bloodwork and they'd run a panel.

Mine does, however, I have a history of some blood issues such as anemia, etc. It is routine when I go in.

I've been with him about 15 yrs or so.

I haven't had a family Dr in years so my GYN does blood work every time but I think that is due to my irregular cycles...this year, a few of my results were a little high and she did refer me to my PCP (I had to find one) where I had to have more bloodwork done...if you have always been pretty healthy and don't have any health concerns, I wouldn't worry about it. If there's something abnormal going on with your body, you may need to have some bloodwork done...just my thoughts...

I have had 3 regular OB's. None have ever done bloodwork on a routine annual exam.

Hi. Yes mine does it every year if it has not been checked by my regular doctor during the year.

I don't see an OB GYN for my annual check ups; I see a Family Practice doctor and she always does blood tests (and has since I started seeing her as a teenager ten years ago). My family has a history of cholesterol and blood sugar issues, so maybe that's why she always does blood tests on me, but I'm also young and healthy and never had a bad blood test.

Mine will do it if I request it. I tihnk most OBGYN's think of it as something your PCP does.

No blood work at my annual.

1 / 3