Do You Take Your Child Out in the Winter?

My 2 year old son is definitly a outdoorsy type of guy. This winter is driving us crazy because we're stuck inside all day long. It is about 25 degrees here this month on a sunny day and I was wondering if it would be okay to take my little guy out for a walk around this neighborhood. What do you ladies think? It is too cold to go out>

YES!! Everyday, no matter the weather (unless it's VERY stormy). We got about 2 feet of snow yesterday and are getting ready to head out to play in it! My DD is 3. I put her in comfy clothes, snow pants, a sweater, heavy winter coat, mittens with gloves underneath, hat and boots! She loves it. It helps pass the day, gets us both some exercise, fresh air and vitamin D! Enjoy!

I like the school's rule that my daughter goes to, they only go out if its above 20 and no windchill. So, we go with that rule.

It was in the 20s here yesterday with fresh snow, and I took my 3 year old outside to play in it for a while. As long as they are bundled up appropriately and the windchill is not severe, it will do them some good to get out of the house and get some fresh air. We were outside for about 30 minutes before DD started complaining that she was cold, so then it was back in for hot cocoa! At her preschool, they will still have outdoor recess for about 15 to 20 minutes as long as the windchill temp is above 10 F.

YES!! Bundle your little guy up and get out for some fresh air! You need the vitamin D just as much as he does. It will really wear him out too, just make sure you let him walk and explore!

Yes.
This is what snow pants, snow boots, winter coats, and mittens were invented for. My Mom would bundle up my sister and me and have us play outside for several hours every day no matter what the weather (unless there was thunder and lightning). At 2, you want to be out with him. Show him how to make snow angels, snow balls, snow forts, snow men, etc. Pull him on a sled (or tie a rope through the handle of a laundry basket and pull him in it. Even a small snow shovel can be fun to play with. A play ground is just as fun with snow. Before you go out, put some Chapstick on his lips and some lotion on his face to keep exposed skin from getting windburn.
When it's all over, hang everything up to dry and have some warm cocoa.

Take him out! Fresh air and sunshine is good for everyone, even if it's cold. Just make sure he is covered and cozy. Even a 15 or 20 minute little trot will be fun. I say go for it and have a ball!

Yes!!! Our weather is very similar to yours, and we go out every day. My two year old is also very outdoorsy and would go crazy if I tried to keep him inside. He loves to wander around the block a couple of times a day (exploring some days and runnning others), shovel the snow, ride his bike, ... I also take him to the playground a couple of times a week. Swinging and sliding always cheers him up. I just encourage him to stay off of potentially slippery surfaces so he doesn't get hurt. Just make sure to bundle yourself up too!

heavens yes! dress that little guy warmly and go out and have fun!
khairete

Yes
We live in Ireland and we take our son to the beach ,the park to feed the ducks, for walks in the forests all year round.
We would go crazy if we spent all day stuck in the house.
Dress to suit the weather and enjoy.

i take my 18 month old out. not for long, but she is bundled and out we go. Children will not complain or notice as much so go with what you feel. Remember their hands and feet are more fragile then ours

1 / 3