Do You Need Any Paperwork to Fly with a Baby?

I'm taking my 17 month DD for her first trip that requires air travel... I just was wondering if I am supposed to bring her birth cert. or anything like that? (we are staying within the US, if that makes a difference...)

Thanks! I think I will be taking her birth cert. with me... She is a very big 17 months, and most people who see her think she is 2-3 years old, so I will take it with me. (She is flying 'in lap', so I agree that I would hate to have THAT stop my flight!)

~After the fact... I took her cert... but they didn't check it. So no worries. :)

I always brought SSC & BC sometimes they want it most of the time they do not ... however I rather have it than not. We fly about 2-5times a year.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/children/index.shtm

but yes, birth certificate. And a dvd player, books, balloon to wear her out before you board the plane. Don't forget to potty yourself before you board, since she'll be in your lap the whole time.

I found if I checked in outside the terminal at the sky cab they never checked documentation. If I checked in at the terminal counter, they often did but I would bring it anyway. If you don't want to bring the birth certificate you can bring shot records from your doctor which provide her age.

I would bring her birth certificate. It depends on what airport - I have flown a lot with my daughter and some check and some don't.

If you are treating your daughter as a "lap kid" meaning she doesn't have her own seat - I would definitely bring her birth certificate so that you can prove she is under 2. I'd hate to have my flight delayed because one of the airline people thought she looked older than she really is.

I travel all the time with my daughter from FL to PA. I have never needed any paperwork for her.

Birth cerificate, but they dont check at all times. I wish more airlines would check babies birth certificates while domestic travel.

No, you don't need anything. But in case of any emergency of a sort, it's not a bad idea to have a copy of her birth certificate with you, as well as her shot record.

Have fun on your trip!

Yes, it does make a difference. For domestic travel, you need proof of age IF your child is traveling on your lap. If she has her own seat, you don't need anything.

1 / 3