Do You like AT&T U-verse

Hello Mamas!
My family has been using Time Warner Cable services for our internet, phone and cable, but I feel like we are paying way too much. I am thinking of changing our service to AT&T's U-verse, as they seem to offer a lot more at a much cheaper price. Knowing that you always get what you pay for, I am curious as to how current customers like their AT&T U-verse? How's the service? Phone lines okay? Internet fast? DVR and on-demand what you would expect? They say that the internet comes with wireless access throughout your home, but is that true? They say that the DVR can record 4 programs and that they can be seen on any tv in the house without additional boxes? Is that true? Any input, good or bad would be very appreciated. Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond.

We have used Time Warner and Comcast and are now with Uverse. We definitely like Uverse the best. The DVR works great. The only problem we have with it is that you only get one DVR box. Recorded shows can be viewed, paused, rewound, whatever from any tv in the house (up to 4 I believe), but LIVE tv can only be stopped, paused, etc. from the main tv that is hooked up to the DVR box. So my kids can no longer pause a show they're watching...they have to record it and finish watching it later. Other than that we are very happy with it, but have found that all the services really cost about the same when it's all said and done. We needed certain channels for the kids and for my MIL who lives with us, so we had to go for an upgraded package which ended up costing just as much as the other services. So don't count on saving too much!

I have 2 friends that did the switch over to UVERSE AT&T and they both switched back to Time Warner less than a month later. If I were you stick with what you have,Call Time Warner and ask for a discount. We called asked for a discount and we got alittle taken off the bill. Time Warner does not want you to switch, so they usually willing to comply with the customer. B.

We used to have Dish Network with AT & T phone. We switched to Uverse b/c my husband wanted lower bills for everything, like promised in ads.

We are paying more, now, because of the 2nd receiver plus other things that they DON'T tell you about (it's in all the hundred lines of fine print.)

I loved Dish Network. We could only record 2 shows at a time, but the remote was very easy to use and there were NO hidden fees.

I hate our PHONE service with AT & T U verse. There was a very loud buzz on the line when talking to someone. It took 4 techs to make trips out here to try to fix it!! What a pain to have to schedule work around 4 workers to the house. And it took 2 45 minute calls to tech support and all we got was a lower/ little quieter buzz. We still have noise on the line and it is very disappointing.
The last answer we got was "that the digital phone signal is more prone to interference than the analog." So my question back to them was so, if the sound quality is worse with digital, why the heck are you guys pushing it so hard?? Answer, "because it is cheaper to provide to customers."

The internet works well, I must say....but am ticked about the crappy home phone line and the extra charges. Unfortunately, I think we are in a stupid 2 year contract. Oh, yes, the first 3 months after we switched, they were double billing us---for old phone plus all the new U Verse charges!! Even charged full price for the 2 weeks that our phone wasn't working well.

I am glad you asked this question! I feel better now that I have had a chance to vent. And I hope someone who works for AT & T reads this.

I am not really sure but did want to warn you about AT&T package deals. I joined them and not only did I have to fight to make them give me the rebates they promised but after the introduction period I find myself paying more than ever for cable, High Speed internet, home phone and cell phones. With AT&T you are paying your cell phone in advance every month whereas you can go direct to the cell provider, same with cable. I found going direct to dish was cheaper.

I love my U-Verse. It is way better than DirecTv or any other satellite or cable. You can only record on the tv where the box is, but I'm pretty sure you can watch it on any tv. Plus the video on demand is great.

S.,
We have had At&t u-verse since Dec. We were previously with Direct Tv. We have high-speed the wireless internet, phone service & tv service. Of course your computer has to have a wireless network card to take advantage of the wireless internet. (which they usually come with unless its an old computer) We are very pleased with it. All the questions you asked, my answer is yes!, Like a few other mom's have said, you can only set the main receiver to record, but you can watch the recorded programs from any room that has a receiver. We even received a $100 rebate in the form of a gift card in the mail,for switching over to u-verse so be sure & ask about that too.We have the 200 channel line up & I think the first year is reduced monthly cost, then after a year it goes to normal cost, you can ask about this too. If you have a HD TV they also offer HD service with HD channels & then regular channels. Example lifetime channel for regular TV & lifetime channel for HD tv.
It rarely ever goes out in bad weather like satellite tv does. Hope this helps answer your questions.

well a few years ago we signed up to get time warner and the day it got connected we had it disconnected because we did not like the picture quality we had dish for 3 yrs but we now have u-verse we have had it for 3 months and so far no complaints, the internet is wireless however they do provide a wire if your pc is not wireless capable and the DVR works like you ask aswell ( you do need to have the cable box on the other tvs but you dont need additional dvrs) that is probably the only downfall that you cannot access cable through out the whole house unless you have a cable box but since we had dish that was nothing new to us....it my opinion its worth the change...good luck!

we too are goint through this process right now. At the end of our first year with TWC they jacked up the prices. I called and the lowered it back to what it was for another year. A month or so ago the prices went back up. We called and got it lowered but it is still $10 a month more than what we were paying. We would love to do with out the TV part altogether but dropping it means we lose the bundle pricing and are only saving like $10 a month. Cable is worth $10 a month to me. I've been looking into the AT&T stuff and their price really isn't all that different. I would maybe save $5-$10 and that isn't worth the hassle of having a new phone number I have to change everywhere. And, we are getting faster internet speed through TWC. To get the equivalent of what we have with TWC (pretty basic, no extra channels)AT&T costs a bit more. So, although we would like to tell TWC we are not happy by switching, there really is no other benefit for our family to switch. Best of luck.

We like U-verse very well. We've had it for 2 years, I think, right after it came out. We switched from Time Warner (right before they became Comcast) and were very glad we did. The DVR and on demand are great, IMO. We have wireless access, but I can't say for sure that it is because of what AT&T offers.

The DVR CAN record 4 programs at once. It is limited with HD channels, though. I believe it can only record 1 HD channel, while still recording 3 other regular channels, but not 2 HD channels at a time. When they say you can watch the recorded programs on any tv, that means any tv with a box, but it doesn't have to be the DVR one. DOes that make sense? The box in our living room has DVR and the other boxes/receivers in the house do not, but you can still watch programs, set programs, and control them from other receivers. You can't watch the programs on a tv without the receiver, though.

1 / 3