Do You Let Your Child See You Naked?

Like getting dressed or even do you take a shower with them. If not, did you ever and how old were they when you stppoed. Or what do you think an appropriate age is to stop that- same or opposite sex.

Thanks. I just asked because my son is 4, and on occasion will shower with me. Although he is playing the whole time and could care less that i am naked. I also get changed in front of him sometimes. He doesn't see anything wrong with it at all- and has never even made a comment about me being naked. But this morning I asked if he wanted to take a shower with me or wait and do it with daddy tonight. He said me- only because he wanted to shower now- not later. My MIL was over and she looked at me funny. So it kinda got me thinking and wondering if he was too old for that.

I try not to. He makes comments and asks a lot of questions. It's embarrassing!
ETA: I don't mind him knowing about the female body, I just don't want to be the diagram. It's too weird!

Not really. My son is 2 1/2. It has nothing to do with being ashamed. I just don't want him to see me naked. For the same reason I don't want anyone (but the husband) to see me naked. I just don't want them to! I shower after he goes to bed, anyway. I definitely think there is an age where it's not appropriate. I think kids need to learn personal boundaries and privacy. I would say in my opinion that age is around 5-6 for children. Definitely that age, for opposite sex children and parents.

My kids see me naked and think nothing of it. i've usually got 2 or 3 of them coming in and bothering me while i'm taking a shower.

Skin doesn't = sex in our house... so no worries.

Heck no! My son is almost 9!

When he was little I'd get dressed, changed or dried off in front of him.

A good rule of thumb: when you, or the child, is uncomfortable: time to stop!

Yea, I am a "naked person".
I have zero issue with the human body or skin.
I spent time living in Europe, I saw moms sitting topless on beaches building sandcastles with their naked children.

It doesn't bother me in the least and I think people are way too uptight about skin that everyone has.
I wear clothes during the day, but I am not real uptight about who sees me when I am seen getting in and out of the shower or who is there when I am getting dressed.
Same goes for my husband.
Our daughter is 6.

I see no reason to worry about it, unless she ever says something (which I don't think she will, because we are raising her liberal and free and hippie like), and then I would be more discreet, but I would also say "Get over it kiddo, it's just a body, lighten up."
And I would laugh :)

**My parents are both old hippies. I don't know how old I was when we stopped showering together or when they stopped walking around naked after a shower, but I was old enough that I still remember it at 32... It never bothered me & still doesn't. It wasn't sexual, it's just a body.***

I've never bathed with any of my children because I love having that time to myself! However, all of my boys have come in and out of the bathroom while I'm showering. My youngest isn't quite 3 yet and has no restrictions on seeing me naked (with the one exception I've always had: no one is ever allowed in the bathroom when it's that time of the month and I'm taking care of business!). I stopped letting my two older boys see me nude when they were around 4-4 1/2. Sometimes my 5 1/2 yr old will still walk in the bathroom when I'm showering, but I send him out immediately. My oldest is 7 1/2, and once he turns 8, I will no longer supervise his showers.

My reason for stopping nudity at age 4, and giving privacy at age 8 is not because I think it's sexualized behavior, but to teach my children about modesty and personal boundaries.

I'll walk though the house naked no problem, I'm comfortable with it and so is my daughter, my husband just puts a towel on after showers because he gets cold so she doesn't see him naked much.. we do teach her the proper words for the body parts, during bath she says "M., don't forget to wash my 'gina" haha.. I think you stop when you feel uncomfortable, she asks to touch my boobies (kids lol) but I tell her that they're my boobies and only I can touch them, and hers are her boobies and only she can touch them. So I guess I'm teaching her personal boundaries and letting her know at an early age what's appropriate touching and what's not.. I'll do the same with my son until it is uncomfortable.. Even at 25 I don't care if I'm naked in front of my M., I never gave her much privacy lol so I guess it's just about personal preference.

I have no problem with it. My kids have seen me naked and do most days of the week when I take a shower, get dressed etc. We are comfortable with our bodies and don't make a big deal of being naked. I let them run around naked as well--- As far as ages, mine are elementary and pre-school age. If they ever get to a point where they aren't comfortable or I feel uncomfortable, then I will cover up. I don't think its a big deal though unless you make it a big deal....

M

1 / 3