Do You Know People on Here?

I've seen some people on here that seem to know each other in person. What's that like if you do? Do you back each other up with responses? Do you argue over mamapedia? Do you keep out certain info in your responses/questions? Do you somewhat change what you said cause you know that *they* will read it (can you even answer that question given the circumstances? Lol) I just wanna know.

I've been on here for about 5 years, I don't know anyone on this, but I will admit- I haven't told any of my friends about this site. I like to keep it "mine"... hence the lack of real name on here... I'm a very honest person so it isn't about lying- but maybe more so the freedom of being able to say something w/o worrying what your friends will think or say.
Thanks In advance!

I used to know one person but don't anymore. And I do know one lady who lives rather near me and she's a real peach! We met several weeks ago and I look forward to seeing her again.

I don't worry about looking or not looking at her posts and I hope she doesn't worry about that with me. Part of the reason we met is because we like each other's thought processes and grew to like each other. I like a lot of the ladies on this site, though I don't know them. I give flowers to people I agree with in part or in the entirety, whether I know them or not. I say what I believe to be true, so I don't worry about not being consistent. I live my life the way I live it and try to do my best, though like everyone else, I'm not perfect.

I don't think I would care if my friends were on this site because I'm a pretty open person with them too. Who knows - maybe they are on here and neither of us realize it!! LOL!

I don't know anyone on here ( in real life, ;) ) but I wish I did. I know of a few mamas on here that I've liked just by reading their answers. I've respected them so much just by their responses, and would be honored to know them and have them in my life. But we live in different states. ;(

I often wonder if people I know in 'real life' are on here and can pick me out by the details I've put on here. I hope not!

Why yes I actually do know somebody on here. She's responded to this post as well! I always sent her flowers and then realized she lived close by. She is very kind hearted and reasonable and I always look for her wisdom on here. I think I mostly agree with her. Sometimes we might have a slightly different opinion but I don't really care because I like her a lot and respect what she has to say.

Other than that, I don't know anybody here. I'm still trying to figure out who recommended the site to me a few years ago. It was an e-mail thing, so it had to be somebody who knew me and my e-mail address. But I still can't figure it out.

I did recommend mampedia to a friend last year, and she checked it out but found it boring. I was like... WHAT??!! Because I'm addicted.

I haven't done alot on this website but I have to say, the responses are respectful and very kind. I have been extremely impressed with how very sensitive subjects are handled. Only a few times have I read a brash answer and when I do the next responder nicely responds the the offender. It's an awesome site!

I answer to your question, I wish I did know some of these ladies in person. My mother was my best friend and the one I talked to when I needed a shoulder to cry on or ears to listen. My mom lilke everyone on here would give me her advice. My mom passed away, I am an only child, no family so I have no one to talk to other than you ladies when I need advice, guidance or just a good listener. So you can say I use this web site as my best friend. Some are great some are ok. But I have followed some of the advice I have received and it has helped me out alot. I had a best friend who has not spoken to me since she asked me if she could store a large weight machine (does not not even belong to her) and lots of boxes since she was moving from a large house to a very small house. I told her I did not have any room in our shop or garage. (We really don't) But I guess she was really not my best friend. I truly value everyone's opinion and I am so glad to have this site to go to when I need a "friend"!

idk anyone either, but there is sure 75 % seems like they are from Texas. So I would wonder if a lot people in Texas know one another. :0) ???????

I actually changed my "name" when I realized I knew someone on here. And I purposely do not answer that person's questions, I don't feel comfortable since I know them through my work...and I guess I do look upon this site as "my" personal space (trying to think of a better term). If anyone asked I would tell them the web address, and I do mention it all the time. But I don't call it mamapedia! So I am not "advertising" where I get my input. Cool question!

1 / 3