Do You Ever Call Out with Your SO and Not Let Anyone Know?

I really want to take a day off soon with my BF and just relax and not get out of bed all day! Just enjoy eachother watch movies, order in, and of course have "fun" all though out that time too. So do any of you both call out or scehdule a day once in a great while to enjoy eachother at home without any kids or anyone knowing, and just relax and reconnect? I think I really need that to wind down from all of the changes and just relax and not have anything to do soon. Have you done this? If so, what did you do with your SO? How did you do it, call out or take off? Did you let your SO other in advance or call out/schedule off for him and suprise him?

Edited: I am not planning on taking off for him, I was asking if you have, when I was married I could call my ex's boss and do this and ask when a good day would be and suprise him, but you have to really know someone to do that, it wouldn't work the same with a bf. I have done this before once with him by accident we were both feeling a little sick and called out and enjoyed the day together, and felt fine after sleeping a little

You can schedule someone off by telling their boss its a suprise and you want them off. I couldn't do this with my BF obvously b/c I don't knwo his $ sittuation but I did when I was married,
Also if you feel guilty you can take off and not call out
And for those without babysitters, thats why this is needed if you have chool aged kids, do it on a school day! This is more for people that work outside of the home, you can;t call out if you're a SAHM.
Denise I'm not suggesting unpaid, and I'd rather have my weekend days with my daughter. I';d rather do it on a school day , where I would't see her anyway=) I have more than enough tme stored up, and I would do the option of scheduling it, even though I have sick days because I'd feel bad.
Donna, I havent taken one in a long while for me onyl things for my daughter, and I enjoy his company

Yes, we do it a couple of times a year & I have termed it "Calling In Sex" instead of sick. It's essential for us once in a while to reconnect as he works rotating shifts & we don't have family in the area to keep the kids on any sort of regular schedule. What's more, I don't feel even one iota of guilt about it! ;)

Yes. We call them "Mental Health Days" and don't feel one damn bit guilty about it. They don't happen often, but after stressful times we find them necessary.

Yes we do. Sometimes we even schedule a vacation day in advance for just the two of us.

Our favorite time of year to schedule our day home alone without kids is their first week of school. ;-)

We have teens and they just don't even know all of the fun we have alone without them while they are at school. It is a beautiful and necessary thing for our marriage.

Hi, J.:

What do you do on your regularly scheduled days off?
If you need a day off, why would you want your
bf along?

Just wondering.

I never have, but I love this idea! Do it! I would feel so guilty all day that I wouldn't even enjoy it - don't let that be you! Enjoy!

Never have.. sounds fun, but I am the guilty type and would suffer guilt all day long and wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

I would not and can not take off for my hubby, where my hubby works it HAS to be the employee putting in the request because many have important things to get done that even the boss does not know about. That is something he has to arrange at his work plus he has a handful of meetings through out the week he can not miss. If you want ask him to take that day off and you surprise him with the plans. My hubby would NEVER take a sick day if not sick, to me that is just poor work ethics (if you need a mental health day ok), it would have to be an vacation day to do what you are suggesting.

Yes we do take off at our anniversary. Sometimes we arrange a little getaway where our daughter stays with the grandparents while we get a hotel for the weekend. Otherwise we just do date night, hire a sitter or have daughter sleep over at the grandparents, and we spend some good one on one time together. It is important to keep doing that in your relationship.

I have found that when hubby takes off if we are not getting away to somewhere we just end up doing projects around the house instead of spending time with each other.

How do you schedule someone else "off"?

I think if you're a mom with shared custody and/or visitation, maybe working might be better and having the "fun" day on a weekend day without the kids might be more profitable and responsible.

I say schedule it and do it up right! Maybe plan a nice breakfast (have your shopping done so there is no need to get out of your robe) rent a couple movies you've been wanting to see, or TiVO them, throw some dinner in the crock pot so you don't have to worry about that later. Have fun! Guilty? Are you kidding me? How can you be a good mom if you can't unwind and just get more and more stressed?

HAVE FUN!

1 / 3