Do the Fathers Get Sick While the Mother Is Pregnant?

Ok, my boyfriend have been throwing up and complaining of stomach aches since i have been pregnant.
Is it possible for this to happen?

He was getting all my sickness and everything and including my cravings. He eats like no tommorow, and he is gaining weight lol i tease him about it, Im 31 weeks and our stomach look the same. Thanks ladies

When I was pregnant my husband would come home from work and ask if I had been sick at 2 o'clock and I had been. He was sick when I was even if we were apart, and he gained 13 pounds just like I did.
They say that just means you are emotionally bonded.

My husband also complained of a upset stomach at the beginning of my pregnancy. I have known for other fathers to take on some symptoms of their pregnant mate.

LOL! I'm sorry but I have to laugh....my husband not only was sick for the first few months, but he also had terrible nightmares..usually about him killing me and my laughing because he killed the baby too...strange...it could also be a stomach virus. There has been one going around here. Never really know. Best of luck and congratulations!

It can happen, it's called a sympathetic pregnancy (more technically it's called Couvade syndrome). Men that get this also tend to put on weight right along with their wife during the pregnancy (amongst other things). It's a bonafide physiological response, their hormones get out of whack and causes the symptoms (it's unknown why it happens). They can even experience "labor pains." Just don't let him steal your thunder :) No cure for it aside from delivery of the baby...continuation of any symptoms after the baby is born should be discussed with a doctor.

They are called 'sympathy pains.' It's more common than you know. I think it's adorable that he is so connected to you that he can feel sick, too. That sounds crazy, right? Sorry! Your boyfriend must have a really good heart and love you dearly. Look at him with love (and a little amusement). It will pass. God Bless!

My husband complained of nausea feelings and gained weight as well. I had morning sickness 24/7 so he always had to listen to me in the bathroom. He can handle a lot but that is one thing that he just can't deal with. Even now if someone is sick he will go to another part of the house or outside until it is over. Thank God he does not get sick to often. If he is normal other wise then it is probably just sympathy sickness. If he this is debilitating him then he should get checked by the dr. It could be stress related. Even though expecting is usually a good thing it could be causing him stress without his realizing it. Good Luck!

it is completly possible when my mom was prego with my youngest brother my step dad had her cravings mainly smoked raw oysters and swiss on jalopeno crackers, i was the one waking up in the middle of the night, and then my hubby gained the weight with his x's pregnancy with his little boy

ok you get sick he gets sick when i was pregnant he got sick i did not thank god

My husband had all sorts of pains when I was pregnant with #2. He gained weight during both pregnancies but I don't think I can contribute that to sympathy. I would be starving and order or cook something, eat just a few bites and then not be able to eat any more. He would finish his food and then eat most of mine. =weight gain. I would have him checked to be sure its not a virus or something. If the docs can't find anything then chalk it up to sympathetic pregnancy.

1 / 3