Do Space Saver Bags Really Work!

I need to get my closets organized and was thinking about buying some space saver bags but first wanted to get others opinions before spending money on something that may not work. So my question is are they worth the money?

Thanks
Tina

you have to be careful... they get holes easily.Of the 5 I bought a couple years ago, only one is still vacuum sealed.

I haven't had much luck with them.
I prefer the idea from Riley J about the big Ziplock bags and sitting on them (much cheaper!).

I used to have so much stuff and would struggle with "where do I keep it all?!". I still struggle (I have three kids), but I've improved with the help of flylady.net. It's free and she helps reduce clutter so as to enjoy life more.
good luck

I like them for fluffy stuff (comforters/blankets/extra pillows) and for the clothes I buy for my kids' future use. It keeps the bugs and dust out of them.

But really I wouldn't use them for frequently used things. Just the stuff you plan on storing for months on end.

I wanted to put my seasonal clothes and linen away in these space bags. So I bought a bunch of sizes and found that it did not work. The pressure eventually released. I don't even bother with the bags anymore. I used the vacuum like the directions said. If I'm doing it wrong let me know.

They really work but once in a great while can spring a leak.

I haven't had much luck with them.

good luck

They do work to save space, but for long term storage, they do leave a very chemical/plastic smell on clothing. I had to wash everything 2-3 times to get the smell out. (I stored baby clothes for 1-2 years in them).

i have had limited success with them... a couple held their seal and worked for 'til i opened them (say a year's time), but the rest didn't and sprung leaks and didn't stay compressed even after opening, repacking, and trying to suck out the air again. one good thing i can say, when i called the company to express my concerns i was sent new bags with ZERO hassle and no cost. thought that was cool...

NO. maybe others have had luck, but after a few weeks air got back in and they become nothing more then expensive plastic bags. i wouldn't bother.

I love them for the extra blankets, pillows and sleeping bags that can overtake a cabinet. The only thing that they do not work well on is down filled items. You aren't supposed to decrease their size by more than 50% or they will become damaged.
Well worth the cost!

1 / 3