Do I Tip My Rolfer??

Hi, I am getting "rolfed" today and I need to know if a tip is expected. This is sort of like a massage, but it deals more with body alignment. The reason I ask is because it costs $120 per session, so I don't know if I should tip too. My insurance does not cover this. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks so much!

Thank you all so much for your responses! I was about to just ask my rolfer about the tip and she said before I could ask that the session is $120, no tip. The session was wonderful--can't wait for my next one!

Like any personal service, tips are always nice. One thing I always consider is if the person owns their own business or not. If not, they are not getting all the fees you pay, so tipping is really a help. It seemed that after I began tipping my massage therapist, she worked harder to get me in when I needed a last minute appointment. A tip is never "required" but is a nice way to show your appreciation for a job well done!

Hmmm, I would say no because it is more like a chiropractor and you don't tip them

I would say yes, better to be generous than stingy. Probably 10 to 20 dollars extra.

This is like any other service industry, if you are happy with the service you leave a tip. If you have questions though I know from experience that they are always happy to discuss with you what is or is not expected.

Sounds like a service you absolutely tip for!!! Even if it is a chiropractic type; I tip the massage therapist at the chiro, but not the actual chiropractor.

I would say yes... 15% if the service was OK... 20% if the service was outstanding... well, that's what I tip at my spa... but if in doubt, ask the receptionist for the office! They'll usually know if it's standard to tip!

Rolfing is a medical service; your practitioner will refuse tips.

No, since of the reason stated below. I did it twice, for 10 sessions each. The sessions I did was $85, so yours sounds pretty high. If you want a number of someone else (in tempe on rural and the 60) please email me offline. Thanks! It is pretty aggressive treatment, but you will look and feel like a new person.

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

insurance massage sessions tipping