Do I Need a Bouncer And/or Swing?

We're expecting our first child and we're starting to make our lists of everything we need to purchase, plan for, etc. Do we really need a baby swing AND a bouncer? I want to have the things that will be useful, but want to avoid buying a bazillion things just because a store list says we need them. Did your babies use both or can I get away with just one?

Sounds like we'll be getting both then. Thanks everyone!!

Probably.

My swing (Ocean Wonders) was a *LIFESAVER*. Both my kids had respiratory issues early on and ended up sleeping in the swing for over 4 months. We would not have made it without the swing.

The bouncy seat I liked for when I was on the computer or doing something that required 2 hands; the baby could sit next to me and entertain her/himself.

I personally had a swing, a bouncer and a tummy mat. I liked to set up different stations to rotate her too through out the day. She enjoyed the change of scenery and new stimulations.

Probably.

I say yes to both!

my daughter would only fall asleep as in infant in the bouncer the vibrations helped sooth her. As she got older the swing was the only way.

Let me just say we had 4 Swings!!!!

A swing be bought from a friend but didnt work out for us.
The Flutterbye Swing with Lights but she out grew it so fast.
The Natures Wonder papasan Swing (LOVED IT THE BEST)
And a The ocean wonders Travel Swing.

Why so many swings? We needed one for travel and she was a large child that she outgrew the swing and we had to buy a new one to accomodate her large size. My hubby works nights and i needed all the help I could get no matter the cost!

Are you talking bouncy seat thing or jumperoo type thing when you say bouncer? The baby swing we used right away along with the bouncey / vibration seat. The nice thing about the bouncy seat is that it was smaller, could fit on our table, etc. The swing was a life saver helping my son to sleep, but every child is different. We used the jumperoo later when he had neck control. OMG he loved that thing and it freed me up to do dishes, etc while he bounced in the kitchen.

Hi H.,

I am selling our Fisher Price Nature's Touch Papasan Swing if you're interested. It was the best!!! We used it for four months and then my son outgrew it. I can send pictures if you'd like.

-Char
###-###-####

Yes! My son used both the bouncer and the swing. Trust me... when you're baby is crying and won't stop... you'll try anything to help soothe him/her. You'll be glad you have both.
I know some babies don't care for the swing. But I don't think I've met a baby that didn't like the bouncer (one that vibrates).
My son really liked his bouncer! It was a life saver. The swing was nice to give me a break once in a while, too.
Are you having baby showers? You should at least register for these things -- and others will love to buy them for you!

I had a bouncer, swing, tummy mat, exersaucer, & walker, & I used all of them a lot!! The walker I only used until my son was crawling. Trust me...you'll need them for you & your baby. They get bored, you get bored...you'll need them.

congrats! i only used our swing a few times but used a bounce seat alot. another thing we used ALOT was a door bouncer thing. or is that what you're talking about?? it was one of those things that hooked to the overhead on the door jam and she loved it. i really loved it in the spring/summer when i would put it on a sturdy tree limb and she would bounce herself for an hour every day!! it was so nice to be outside and she loved it. and not to mention the break for me :)

1 / 3