Do I Air Dry the Pillow Pets or Throw Them in the Dryer After Washing?

I am going to wash the kids' Pillow Pets later today, but I am a bit conflicted if I should let them air dry and run the risk of ending up with a musky smell or put them in the dryer and take that chance. What did you do?

I have dry mine twice in the dryer, nothing happened, they were very puffy when I took them out, lol, but they went back on shape soon.
However they probably would last longer if you air drive and just put them a few minutes in the dryer after.

I let my kids air dry a bit then put them in the dryer to fluff them, I used a low heat setting. They came out fine...all of the sites say just to air dry. They also said to put the pet in a pillow case to wash, but I did not do that either, I did wash them in cold water.

In the winter I dry them but in the spring/summer/fall it's usually nice enough to air dry or put in the sun for a bit. I haven't washed a Pillow pet though but they look like they'd hold up the same as a stuffed toy. I'd say be cautious if it is a treasured item and then adjust your washing strategy from there ;-)

I've washed the pillow pets a bunch, and I put them in the dryer. It might depend on the humidity where you live, but I just didn't want to risk the musky smell, or worse- mold or mildew.

I will say that one of them is the dolphin, and that got a tiny hole after the 3rd drying. I think I'll follow the pillowcase suggestion, I'll bet if I had them in there while drying they'd do better. But- there are 3 other pets that have been washed probably 5 plus times and put in the dryer (with the rest of the laundry) and done just fine.

I put them in the dryer - totally fine!

The tag says machine wash cold gentle cycle. Do not bleach, let air dry

I dry my son's in the dryer and they get big and fluffy again.

I wash them separately in cold water then lay them on top of the dryer while I'm doing other laundry. Once they are completely dry I do throw them in the dryer just to soften them a bit and fluff them back up. :)
Have you ladies ever used one? They are actually quite comfy. My little guy is still in our bed and I have ended up with his on a few occasions. :)

1 / 3