Do All Nuby Silicone Top Sippy Cups Leak?

Updated on December 14, 2008
S.H. asks from Elmhurst, IL

I am now on my 2nd Nuby cup, hoping the first one was just defective, but this one leaks too! When I put the lid on and tighten it, the silicone top moves just enough that the little notches don't line up and then it leaks all over the place. I have a Munchkin cup that is very similar, and it does do the same thing IF I tighten it too much, but the Nuby does it even before the lid is all the way on. Am I doing something wrong?

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

Smallavatar

N.D.

answers from Chicago on

Yes, I bought several and they all leaked. I like the First Years cups like these: http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstore/product_page.jsp?PR....

A couple of things with this. 1) You can get them cheaper at Target and 2) While it says that it can go in the dishwasher, I would try to minimize how much because it can break the seal.

N.

Smallavatar

M.K.

answers from Chicago on

Yes, Nubys leak. Having tried over 5 different brands, the only brand that usually doesn't leak is Playtex. However, my beat-up, 2 yr old Playtex (level 3) cups are just now starting to leak a bit. But we put them in the dishwasher every single night and my kids are pretty rough with them. So I'm very happy they've lasted this long!

Smallavatar

A.L.

answers from Chicago on

Yes the sippy cups leak. The spill-proof straw ones work pretty well though.

Smallavatar

M.S.

answers from Chicago on

YES!! They all leak, I run a daycare & bought one for each of the kids, GARBAGE!
I went to the straw type. Where you can close & open. I bought each of the kids one. More expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for,right?

Smallavatar

C.C.

answers from Chicago on

YES.

they all leak and I hate them. I switched to a hard top as soon as I could. We like Gerber and playtex.

My son learned if he pressed on them, they will leak all over mommy's new couch and stain it forever.

I hate those nuby cups!

Smallavatar

D.N.

answers from Chicago on

I have one and it only leaks when she pushes on th espout to play with it. I do plan to switch to Playtex cups when she gets a better hang of using the cup. I used the Playtex cups with my older kids and loved them.

Next question: Is There Really a LEAK PROOF Straw Sippy Cup Out There???