Dizzy Spells - PMS? Peri Menopause

Hi all you wonderful women. I have a quick question, has anyone ever experienced dizzy spells about a week prior to the period? I seem to get these every few months and can't quite figure out what's going on.

Hi M.. I just started getting these really bad dizzy spells and noticed it was right around period time. I just got my birth control pill changed, haven't started it though. I am hoping this new pill will lessen the effects. I would so rather have a headache than be dizzy. It is the worst feeling in the world. I hope you feel better soon!

I would def. see your doctor to make sure but I think it could be your anemic as some of the other moms said. I was anemic after having both of my kids and was dizzy a lot. Also you could have an inner ear infection. I had one of those a few years back and had really bad vertigo. Anyway, talking to your doctor will figure things out. Good luck.
Chris

Hello. I read your "A Little About Me" and it states that you are a single mom, work full time, and are constantly on the run. It might be that the dizzy spells are unrelated to your period, but are a result of too much stress. Make sure to eat enough and take a rest! Kick your feet back and relax-for your health! I hope you feel better.

M. - I have had the same symptom - dizzy and I was told it was due to low blood pressure and being slightly dehydrated. SO - I find taking a bottle of water in the car on errands helps with the hydration problem/solution and being hydrated keeps my blood pressure at a reasonable level. Eating a banana a day helps keep many things in balance as well as potassium, so eat up and keep on trucking with your two busy daughters. Good luck
G.

During my college years I had experiences similar to yours - the dizzy spells and whatnot. I also was exhausted and couldn't seem to get enough sleep, no matter how long I slept, and it would bother me right before my period. Turns out I was anemic. My doc told me to take iron supplements (I took "Slow-Fe" tablets) and it helped tremendously! I had to take one a day. I've since made some lifestyle changes and I pretty much don't have to take them anymore, just every other blue moon or so. It may be something you want to discuss with your doctor during your next visit.

Good luck! Hope this helps!

You may be anemic. Which means you have low iron. Make sure you are getting plenty of iron in your diet.

Dizziness can mean so much. I would get a blood pressure cuff, the cheap ones with the stethascope attached are the best I find, and make sure that during that time you are not hypertensive. Perimenopause changes a lot of things. On the flip side, you could have low blood pressure also. Isn't it fun to have all of these new things to think about now? LOL. Seriously though, I am hypertensive and didn't even know it, so if you have a symptom of something I think you are lucky, please check it out and go to your doctor.
Also, my teenage daughter was getting dizzy and the doctor told her that it is very common for young girls to be dehydrated. She drinks more water and adds a little bit mroe salt to her diet and is fine now. I think the H2O would be fine for you, but I wouldn't add the salt until you know for sure that you are not hypertensive. Take care.

M.-I know a lot of women who get dizzy like that and it turns out to be low potassium. You might want your doctor to do blood work to make sure you are not lacking anything.

1 / 3