Dizzy Spells

I have been having dizzy spells since Sunday. My doctor can't figure it out. I was wondering if anybody can share their unexplainable dizzy spells and how it was dealt with. I usually get dizzy when I'm lying down and move from one position to another or when getting up from laying position or bending over position. I had my tubes tied so I can't be pregnant. I have 3 small kids and a busy schedule. This is screwing me up.

Well since I saw another doctor that said I have Benign vertigo. Prescribed medicine and sent to a therapists. I had my first visit yesterday and she was doing some exercises to help the crystals in my ears position back to the way they are suppose to be. The first exercise I got dizzy and she did what she needed to do. The second time I did not get dizzy the first half of the exercise. I was happy, but as soon as I sat down, I got dizzy like never before to the point that I was vomitting. Needless to say, I ended up leaving on a wheelchair. Is this how it is suppose to be? Anyone had this experience? According to the therapist, this is the only way to cure what I have.

I don't know if you have allergies, but at this time of year, my head gets stuffy and I tend to get dizzy spells several times throughout the day. Just a thought....

I had this problem and I had fluid in my inner ear, I took benedryl and it dried it up and I was fine.

I get dizzy spells too. My doctor says it's vertigo. I notice it happens more when I am overworked and slack on sleep or eating. I don't think the two are related, but I just sit down for a while and I'm ok.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/benign_positional_vertigo/...

Hi Brenda -

The link above will give you info on benign positional vertigo - it's annoying but temporary. I had it a couple months ago, and my doctor "cured" me by doing a couple quick position changes to kind of reset my inner ear. Can you see another doctor? Maybe an ENT would help, since they should certainly be familiar with the condition. Good luck!

I know someone who had this recently too. Turns out she was suffereing from vertigo. Ask your doctor about that possibility.

You can look up info on it here:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vertigo/DS00534

Best of luck!

There are only 3 reasons I know of that can cause dizziness. Orthostatic hypertension--when you get up to fast from a sitting or lying position to upright - but it normally goes away quickly -- change postions slowly, if this is what it is it will resolve as you move slowly but you should see a physician to explain why it is happening to you. Second - if you have fluid or inflammation aroung the inner ear - due to infection etc, this will cause dizziness with changing positions - or simply tilting your head from side to side. Thirdly, which many people dont know, the vertebrae in your neck - I forget which one - if it is out can cause serious dizziness. I should know - I popped mine out lifting a patient in the hospital - didnt feel anything wrong but within a day, I couldnt pick my head up. My doctor was treating me for an ear infection - when I had absolutely NO relief - I went to my Chiropractor and found my vetebrae was out. Within an hour, the dizziness was going away. Hope this helps :)

How much water are you drinking? I get the dizzy spells when I am not drinking enough water sometimes.

I always have dizzy spells around my period. I have never had it checked. I just assume it is hormone related.
Cheryl

There are many, many causes of dizziness (vertigo). Push your doctor for some vestibular testing. Often times simple vestibular exercises can fix the problem. Good luck to you!

Check out chiropractic. I have seen the dizziness get better if it was do to a neurological problem of the top 2 bones of your spine. These two websites have search engines. You can type in your topic and get articles showing research. Good Luck. www.icpa4kids.org & www.mercola.com

1 / 3