Dizziness in Pregnancy

A friend of mine is feeling dizzy, and is very early in her pregnancy. She is dizzy just sitting in place. The books/web say protein and more iron. Has anyone had this issue and what worked for you? She said she's eating a lot of protein. She's in great health/physical condition.

I should add that this has been going on for a while now, not a sudden change.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks everyone. Her blood pressure is low, and the nurse at the office said to drink a cup of coffee and that would solve her problem. She's thinking it was low protein in the morning, and is increasing her protein to see if it helps. I appreciate the answers and sharing your experiences. Often these problems are nutrition related, and doctors don't have a ton of training in these areas.

This is something she needs to check in with her doctor about. Nausea is common in early pregnancy, but dizziness shouldn't be an issue, which makes me think that the doctor should be told. They may want to do a blood draw and put her on extra iron or see if there's another underlying issue.

N.:

She needs to be checked out by her OB/GYN.

Yes, people get dizzy when pregnant - however - she could be having other issues that you don't know about.

Please have her check with her OB/GYN.

She needs to check with her DR. right away.

Iron pills definitely, crackers, and if she can stomach this (oh I loved it REALLY) SARDINES! Total cereal is great for pregnant women and I don't know what kind of liquids she is having, but despite the bathroom trips, she needs to have lots of liquid.

Has she asked her doctor about it? There are many things that could be causing her dizziness, some of which are benign, but others could be serious. She could also be anemic.

She needs to speak to her Obstetrician.

first, she needs to speak to her ob about this.

second, my dizzy spells were caused by a sugar crash. I was told to switch to a high protein diet and that seemed to solve my issues.

but, before you or her decide to self diagnose, she NEEDS to speak to her ob. I called my ob when I was having crashes and they wanted to see me to discuss further.

1 / 3