Disposable Diaper Crafts

My daughter and I are going to a baby shower and decided to turn our baby gift into something memorable. My daughter has already made a bouquet of flower basket using socks,tee shirts ect. I have made diaper cakes before but I saw on line animals made from disposable diapers, sock and washcloths. There was a giraffe, elephant and lion. I have searched the internet and came up with nothing. Does anyone have any idea how to create these cute animals?

I know of a craft you make with a wash cloth and it is called a boo boo bunny. It is folded like a bunny and you add google eye and bows to the ears. The trick is when you fold the bunny there is a hold to hold ice for any boo boo's. I am not sure of a web site that tells you how to fold it but I hope this info will help.

No clue, but I did go to a showerr once and they made a boo boo bunny out of a face cloth so that you could put an ice cube in there for boo boos.

Also, sew some fabric together, or open up the belly of a stuffed animal and fill it with corn. This can be heated up in the microwave for belly aches and is just plain soothing. Works very well. Good luck!

have you searched origami sites?? maybe you could adapt the diaper to that??

here's some info for you:
I found this at this webpage: http://askville.amazon.com/find-directions-make-diaper-an...

"I assume you mean animals shapes made with cloth diapers, right?"
by: bethy on Apr 09 2007 (14 months ago)

Official Rating

Answer Rating: 3.0

If you believe this rating is unfair, you may appeal this rating. When a rating is appealed, a few other users will be randomly invited to give their ratings anonymously.
You can only appeal your answer's rating within 90 days of the initial rating and you can have no more than 50 ratings under appeal at a time.
This rating is under appeal. Selected users have been invited to give their ratings anonymously. The final rating will be shown when their verdict is received.

- Collapse
+ Expand
If so, then I would suggest actually looking at some napkin folding websites, or look at instructions for doing this with washcloths. I'm sure with some modification and imagination, you can adjust the following instructions to cloth diapers.

Boo Boo Bunny (made with a washrag and a few art supplies, great idea for using ice in the bunny's head for first aid)

Frog

Cat

Swan

Elephant

Monkey

Lobster

bethy's Recommendations
The Lost Art of Towel Origami

Amazon List Price: $14.95
Used from: $6.54
Average Customer Rating: 4.0 out of 5 (based on 11 reviews)
How to Make a Towel Monkey and other Cruise Ship Favorites

Amazon List Price: $14.95
Average Customer Rating: 4.0 out of 5 (based on 5 reviews)

I just know of "Boo-Boo Bunnies".. made from washcloths.. If you search for that you'll come up with instructions for them and a poem to attach.

1 / 3