Disneyland in February

I would like some advice about going to Disneyland in February. The ones that have gone there at this time of the year ( February) had a good experience? I just don't want to spend 5 days stuck in a hotel room because of the rain. I'd appreciate if you would share your experience with me.

It doesn't rain in southern California. ha! That is the best time of year to go. Won't be too crowded and the weather will be nice. Bring clothes to layer, because the evenigns may get cool. have fun!

It rained when my parents took me at 5 yrs old, we wore panchos and loved it. I took my kids in November, it rained then also. We wore panchos and had a blast. Its kind of fun, because less people go when it rains and its easier to get on rides and get good seats for the parades.

It doesn't rain much on So Cal and when it does, I rarely recall it raining for 5 days in a row. I would think that going in Feb would be great because you'd avoid the crowds and long lines. Personally I think that Disneyland with rain is much better than Disneyland with lines that are too long to get into anything. I grew up in a city adjacent to Disneyland - so I have a lot of experience with this.

Dear R.,
I don't know about February. We went in April and the weather was just amazing! Not too hot or smoggy, but we were in shorts the whole time and swam in the evenings when we weren't in the park.
I don't know where you live, but I am WAY north, not too far from the Oregon border and it's been freezing here. Literally. You have to scrape your car windows every morning. The weather in L.A. is a lot different so you might be all right as far as the rain goes. I would call whoever you have your reservations with and ask them what the weather is typically like at that time of year.
We stayed at Disneyland Hotel and I don't know that I'd go back unless we could stay there again. It was awesome! They have a market and shops and restaurants and all kinds of different shows. Plus, if you buy something while in Disneyland, all you have to do is give your room number and they deliver your purchases to your room every night so you don't have to carry things around. It was wonderful.
I hope you have a great time!

We have only gone in February with our children. Some years, the weather is in upper 80's and one year it rained. The rainy year was great. Lots of people left. Lines were non-existent. We had our rain boots, rain coats and umbrellas. (We put the baby in a backpack, and he was protected by the umbrella.) Don't let rain discourage you- embrace it! But, be just as prepared for nice weather.

I had a friend/co-worker that just got back from taking his family to Disneyland (just last week) and he said the weather was beautiful and they had a great time.

I am original from L.A. and the weather/climate for the most part is great. That is one of things I miss about Southern California besides the beach and the food. You should go and have fun!

Roxy

R.,

My family and I have gone twice to Disneyland in late January, for several days at a time. Only one day (I think out of 7) in those trips have we been "rained out" and even then we simply went back to the hotel, watched a little TV & took naps then returned to the park when the rain let up a couple of hours later, at which point the park was REALLY empty and we pretty much walked up to whatever ride we were interested in and hopped on.

I recommend choosing a hotel very near to the pedestrian entrance so you can choose to leave quickly and return later (or just pay for parking, you can leave & return, just hold onto your receipt). I do have to say that this past year we went in October and I think it was the best visit ever. Little to no chance of bad weather, but the summer crew is gone and the crowds are a lot smaller. PLUS I had no idea but there is a fantastic makeover of Disneyland (& California Adventure) for the month of October in celebration of Halloween & Fall. So if you decide to forgo the risk of February bad weather, try for October or November.

Have fun!

Southern california is hit and miss in Feb. (I am from there originally). Right now it was in the mid 80s. But it could drop and be rainy. Normally the rain doesn't hit until March so I think you'll be ok.

One of the best days I spent at Disneyland was around this time of year. It rained fairly hard and D-land staff started passing out trash bags to make ponchos out of...they probably don't do that any longer. Anyway, we spent time in shows and the Haunted House Ride, Pirate's of the Carribean and other indoor rides while it rained. Many people left the park so there were no lines and after about an hour or so of rain it cleared up into the most beautiful afternoon and the park was near empty. It was one of the best days ever!

1 / 3