Disneyland/DIsneyworld Or Legoland?

Hello Moms! I have two sons, 9 & 12. We would like to take them on a trip this Thanksgiving or Christmas. We cannot decide among Disneyland, Disneyworld or Legoland. My oldest is still into Legos (he is now a collector) and thinks he would rather Legoland, but from the website it seems to be geared toward the younger child. Can anyone give me some advice on where would be the better place to take them? If you prefer Disney - which is better, Disneyland or Disneyworld? Thank you in advance!

I have only been to Disneyland out of htese choices. I think it really depends on how much you want to spend and how much time you have. I heard Disney World you need atleast 5 days to get most of the park. WHile Disneyland one or two days is perfect. Leogland might be a little young for them from what I have heard. If you are interested in Disneyland you can get a Southern Californa Pass and hit up Universal as well along with Sea World and san Diego Zoo, here is link http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=115...

Disneyworld, because there are 4 Disney parks in Florida: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. Each park has its own personality and there are lots of things to do at each one.

We have been to Disneyland a few times and it was great fun. Something for every age and just enough to do that you can get it all done in two or three days, but you could stay longer and do other things like California Adventure and Universal Studios or Warner Brothers.

I've never been to Disney Land, but have been to Disney World three times. At 5, 21 and 30 years old. I took my 4 y/o old to Disney World on this last trip and had the most amazing time ever! There is a LegoLand near Disney World but it is nothing more than some INCREDIBLE pieces of art (statues, pictures, and GIANT dragons and so forth). It's nothing like the LegoLand in Chicago. That one is AWESOME!!! They have rides, ineractive play and lots more. I heard that they are in the works of making a bigger and better LegoLand near Disney World, but I'm not sure when it will be complete. My vote would be Disney World for sure!

I have boys who are now 10 & 14, and we have been to both Legoland and Disney World (Disney World is much better than Disneyland based on my research) within the last couple of years. They are very different places. Disney is very commercial, intense rides, latest technology, lots of hype, and Legoland is much more laid back, kid-driven, an open to more creative thinking. Both of my boys loved both places. If you go to Disney, get a park hopper pass and visit all of the parks and that will keep you entertained for the whole trip, albeit expensive. If you go to Legoland, one day there is probably sufficient, but Sea World is closeby and worth the trip. The San Diego zoo is also one of the best in the world and worth the trip. We also visited the aircraft carrier, Midway, and my boys loved it! Of course, the other big difference is that Disney World is in Florida (Nov. or Dec. is a good time to go because it's not so hot, but it may rain) and Legoland is in California where the weather is always pretty mild. I think you won't go wrong at either place. Have fun!

I grew up going to Disneyland/Californialand and it is nice...took my grand daughter there last summer and again this summer. Have never been to Legoland.

BUT! Disneyworld has ALWAYS (at least 7 times) left us with wonderful memories and great times. We took our grand daughter to Disneyworld when she was 3 and 4 and my husband and I still talk about the great time we had. There is such a variety of things to do at all the parks and if you stay on property, you don't have to worry about driving home at night; just get on a bus and relax.

Do not miss the Character Breakfast at the Contemporary. We LOVED that.

Have fun!

We have been to both. My boys LOVED Legoland and Disneyworld. The difference is you can do everything at Legoland in a day to a day and a half. Disneyworld is so much bigger and you need several days to get to everything is that is possible.

We just returned from Walt Disney World last night! My kids are 11, 10, and 8 and they LOVE WDW! I have been to Disneyland twice but never Legoland. I see you live in TX, but I am not familiar with where your town is located. Would you be driving or flying? Certainly distance and transportation would be an issue.
We live in SC so we make annual pilgrimages to WDW in FL. I enjoyed my visits to Disneyland, but considering the distance we have not been as a family. We drive to FL.
WDW is much larger than Disneyland. You can spend 2 days in Disneyland and see and do it all. WDW has 4 major parks, which will pretty much take at least one day apiece to do. Plus there are 2 water parks and Downtown Disney, which is a huge shopping complex. And there is a big Lego store there! They even have bins of individual bricks which you can fill your own tub for purchase. (My son is in Heaven here!)
We went to WDW the first week in December a few years ago. It was wonderful! The FL heat had subsided some. There were no crowds at all and the parks were decorated for Christmas. I have heard from friends that actually going at Christmas is insane. They often close Magic Kingdom on Christmas because it quickly reaches capacity.
Whatever you decide have a great trip!

We've taken our girls to Disneyworld a couple of times and it really is great and you need several days to cover everything. And Universal Studios Orlando isn't that far away and if your boys like awesome amusement rides then you may want to put aside a day for that as well. We are thinking of taking a family trip to Disneyland next year. I have heard that it isn't as good as Disneyworld because it's smaller, but we really want to see the original park. Plus there may be opportunities to do other things in the area.

1 / 3