Disinfecting Leather Without Ruining It

Hi! We have some viral illnesses going on around my house and I've had to make several trips to the doctor in my new car which has a nice charcoal colored leather on the seats and steering wheel.

In my old beater, I never would have batted an eyelash at disinfecting it with lysol or clorox wipes, but I am afraid I'll screw up the leather if I do that here. Yet I KNOW the car is covered in germs and it's making me nuts.

Any ideas??!!!??

I've had good luck disinfecting leather using white vinegar- it is a good antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal and far safer than clorox anyways.

I use clorox wipes. My Sport Mercedes I drive all the time has an almost white/creme leather interior and I use the clorox wipes all the time. No issue so far.

I do follow up with a trip to the car spa.

I use clorox wipes on our black leather furniture without any problems. The bleach in the wipes usually isn't concentrated enough to bleach things, even regular clothes.

I have used clorox wipes on leather and it has never messed up the leather.

1 / 3