Dirty Bathtub

Hey mamas I'm looking for help with my tub. MY bathtub has this gray color. don't know if its from hard water or what???? and the only thing I've found that works is CLR. Unfortunately I have no windows or ventilation in my bathroom so it is really hard to clean the tub and still be able to breath. any ideas on what is just as powerful but not as strong smelling

I find that Krud Kutter will take anything out of the tub, my kids got latex paint (washing it off themselves) in my brand new bathtub and it attracted everything and my beautiful white tub was so grey and ugly so fast I wanted to cry. No matter what cleaner, bleach, anything I used, nothing cleaned it. Then I found Krud Kutter and it was gone in minutes. I found it at a paint store but you may be able to find it at any hardware store.

Hello, I'd use vinegar/baking soda in mine too but have used the magic eraser and it works well too. I do have a bottle of comet under the sink but it takes so much scrubbing that I usually just put a plug in the tub and let the vinegar sit for a while then scrubbing is easy and takes less time. Hope this helps, looks like you have a lot of good advice!

I went all natural with my cleaners last year (vinegar, baking soda, etc.) so I use a baking soda & salt mixture to clean my tub on a regular basis, but my kitchen sink still gets stains after a while so I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of my "Barkeeper's Friend" (it's like Comet, only I think it works better-- look for a shiny gold label). It does a great job getting rid of the stains-- especially if I wet the sink down, sprinkle it on, swirl it around so it becomes a paste and let it sit for a bit. It does NOT have a strong odor, so you might want to give it a try. Good luck!

We have had the same problem, and on whim my husband tried some powdered Borax. The tub sparkles for the first time in a long time. You can find it in the detergent aisle.

My husband uses Tide to clean our tub and it is amazing how well it works. It has to be the powder kind, not the liquid. Basically you sprinkle some in the tub, add just enough water to make a kind of paste and spread it around. If the tub is really bad, you can let it sit for a few minutes and then come back to it but don't let it dry on there. Scrub with a brush or spounge and then rinse. Works great!

Absolutely! I just started using Kaboom. It seriously works awesome! I got off hard water stains/soap scum that I thought would never come off and was just part of the tub. I've lived in my house for 2 1/2 years and just now made my tub SNOW WHITE! The smell isn't bad either (thats what it says on the bottle too). You spray it on and wipe it off within a few minutes. I used CLR too...fumes were horrible and it did a horrible job. Try it. Let me know how it works.

I have the same problem and i use mr. clean majic erasers. They have no smell and they work great you don't even have to scrub that had it just come of with ease.

I would try Mr. Clean Magic Erasers (or there are store-brand ones too.) I know they're great for getting soap scum off the bottom of our textured, acrylic tub and they seem to brighten whatever I use them on with no chemicals. It will take some elbow grease, but maybe not as much as you'd think. And they're not too expensive either. Hope this helps!

1 / 3