Dinner Ideas - Indianapolis,IN

i have 2 questions actually. #1>>> what are you making for dinner tonight?
#2>>>any hints/advice/recipes/thoughts on how to make ground hamburger exciting? do you have any recipes other than the "usual" you know meatloaf, spaghetti, tacos, enchiladas, hamburgers etc...or do you have a way to liven those ones up?

Thanks ladies, I want to get some ideas rolling for dinner tonight!

Right now I have sweet sausage, sauce, peppers and onions in my crockpot (sans handle) for sausage sandwiches.

Meatball/marinara sub sandwiches! Make meatballs as usual (small or as big as you like), jar favorite marinara sauce. I bake the meatballs till no longer pink then transfer them into big sauce pan with the sauce and flame on low continue to cook for about 20-30 mins. Then serve on french rolls/bread. So yummy and easy! ENJOY!

I ground beef and add taco sauce. Then make a box of the velvetta shells, family pack and mix 2 together. Put in bowl and put lettuce and tomato on it. We don't eat this a lot, not the best think for you, but it is quick and easy.

Also, I love the crock pot. So I will ground beef, put in crock pot, add 2 large cans of stir fry veggies i get at grocery store, 2 packs of brown gravy mix, and about 1/4 cup soy sauce. Let warm up for about 4 hours and serve over white rice.

We're having chili tonight. My son loves it and it is so easy.

Google the Real Simple recipe for empanadas! So delicious! You can make a ton and freeze them too!

I made cheeseburger pie over the weekend and my boys loved it :) If you want the recipe PM me.

I am making teriyaki stir fry. Chowmein noodles, chicken and vegetables. If I have the motivation by then I might go pick up some egg rolls to go along with it.
As for the ground beef....
I like making meatball sandwiches with it (sometimes I wrap a thin piece of bacon around the meatball). My mom used to make small meatballs, and put them in a crockpot with grape jelly and bbq sauce. Sounds a bit weird but it was like a sweet bbq meatball (used for lke appetitizers at parties). My dad loved stuffed bell peppers with ground beef. You can also make taquitos, or eggrolls.

How about taco salad...i am making it tonight with ground turkey. Mix it in with chuips, cheese, lettuce and tomatoe and serve with Ranch or Salsa. Simple and yummy.

Fry up the hamburger meat, drain, add a package of frozen mix veggies, add a few shakes of soy sauce and cook until veggies are heated through. Serve over rice.

1 / 3