Dinner Ideas - Indianapolis,IN

i have 2 questions actually. #1>>> what are you making for dinner tonight?
#2>>>any hints/advice/recipes/thoughts on how to make ground hamburger exciting? do you have any recipes other than the "usual" you know meatloaf, spaghetti, tacos, enchiladas, hamburgers etc...or do you have a way to liven those ones up?

Thanks ladies, I want to get some ideas rolling for dinner tonight!

Right now I have sweet sausage, sauce, peppers and onions in my crockpot (sans handle) for sausage sandwiches.

Meatball/marinara sub sandwiches! Make meatballs as usual (small or as big as you like), jar favorite marinara sauce. I bake the meatballs till no longer pink then transfer them into big sauce pan with the sauce and flame on low continue to cook for about 20-30 mins. Then serve on french rolls/bread. So yummy and easy! ENJOY!

I ground beef and add taco sauce. Then make a box of the velvetta shells, family pack and mix 2 together. Put in bowl and put lettuce and tomato on it. We don't eat this a lot, not the best think for you, but it is quick and easy.

Also, I love the crock pot. So I will ground beef, put in crock pot, add 2 large cans of stir fry veggies i get at grocery store, 2 packs of brown gravy mix, and about 1/4 cup soy sauce. Let warm up for about 4 hours and serve over white rice.

We're having chili tonight. My son loves it and it is so easy.

Google the Real Simple recipe for empanadas! So delicious! You can make a ton and freeze them too!

I made cheeseburger pie over the weekend and my boys loved it :) If you want the recipe PM me.

I am making teriyaki stir fry. Chowmein noodles, chicken and vegetables. If I have the motivation by then I might go pick up some egg rolls to go along with it.
As for the ground beef....
I like making meatball sandwiches with it (sometimes I wrap a thin piece of bacon around the meatball). My mom used to make small meatballs, and put them in a crockpot with grape jelly and bbq sauce. Sounds a bit weird but it was like a sweet bbq meatball (used for lke appetitizers at parties). My dad loved stuffed bell peppers with ground beef. You can also make taquitos, or eggrolls.

How about taco salad...i am making it tonight with ground turkey. Mix it in with chuips, cheese, lettuce and tomatoe and serve with Ranch or Salsa. Simple and yummy.

Fry up the hamburger meat, drain, add a package of frozen mix veggies, add a few shakes of soy sauce and cook until veggies are heated through. Serve over rice.

You can make Sheppard’s Pie; it takes ground beef and mashed potatoes (you can even use boxed mashed potatoes for simplicity). Here’s a simple recipe: http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/easy_shepherds_pie

There also a dish called Johnny Marzetti that it’s fairly simple and here it is:
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,178,131183-255195,00.html

Hope you’re you family likes it!

Black bean & cheese quesadillas -- just put between two soft tortilla shells & put in the toaster oven. Yum! Easy & healthy!

Ground beef -- sloppy joes? Just add ketchup, brown sugar, and a tad bit of mustard.

boring baked chx.

Tater Tot Casserole:
1 lb ground beef
1 can green beans, drained(I like French Style)
1 can (10-1/2oz.) cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 package(32oz) frozen tater tots
1 package shredded cheddar cheese

1) Layer the tater tots at the bottom of the crockpot
2) Cook and drain beef. Place on top of tater tots
3) Place the Green beans over the beef
4) Mix milk, cream of mushroom soup, salt and pepper. Pour over green beans.
5) Put most of the cheese on top - save a little to add at the end. Cook on low 3 hrs.
6) When ready to eat, add the remaining cheese and cook until melted.

I made home made chicken pot pies. I am taking one to a family who just had a baby and the other one my husband and daughter will eat. I made a mini-gluten free one for me to eat tonight. I used to make hamburger in macaroni and cheese and a can of diced tomatoes all mixed together. My ex husband called it "hamacatomi".

I remember camping we use to make lil hamburger packets - each of us making our own. It was just hamburger, potatoes and onions all cut up with seasoning. Make a foil "bag" to put ingredients in. You can add other items and I think offering a lot of options would be good. Each person has their own "bag" . So not exciting food, but making it was so much fun which meant eating it was too. We just topped ours with ketchup when they were done.

Chicken caesar salad & oatmeal cookies

yeah. Kiddo and I are on our own this week. Our menu is likely to be a little wacky :)
___________________

Ground Beef:

- Lasagna
- Canneloni
- Stuffed Peppers
- Meatloaf (change it up with Kalbi, and make a Kalbi-Meatloaf)
- Chili
- Sliders
- Cheese stuffed burgers (love bleu and bacon)
- Mac'n'beef (LOVE this...omg... just do; it might be my fav "american" meal)
- Egg caserole
- Shepards Pie
- Schwarma (middleastern meatballs on a stick, or in flatbread)

Ham, green beans and potatoes. One pot. Easy.