Different "Smores" Recipes

Hello ladies. I am looking for different ideas for making smores. I am getting tired of making the plain old graham cracker, marshmallow, and chocolate at the campfire and wondering what you guys have tried different.

i found a smores PIE recipie.
small marshmallows, chocolate chips, and crushed up graham crackers, all mixed up in a pie pan, and bbq for only a little while. i havent gotten a chance to actualy make it and eat it yet, but we havent had many campfires!

We just had a campfire this weekend and did a couple different kinds of smores. The one kind was the normal graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallow. The other kind we used the fudge stripped cookies. It's was yummy. Another thing I've heard some friends use is the colored marshmallows. The kids love that.

I just heard of one this morning! Take a banana, somewhat firm still, take a knife and make a slit halfway through it, leaving the peel on. Stuff some brown sugar into it and place it on the grill for a few minutes, turning once. Take peel off and slice into large pieces. Toast the marshmallows. Place some peanut butter on the graham crackers, then the banana, then the marshmallow and top with another cracker. It sounds so tasty!

Put a reeses peanut butter cup in the middle instead of chocolate : )

Use Nutella instead of chocolate - it is so good!

The other one that I love is to use chocolate graham crackers, Andes mints w/marshmallow.

how about chocolate grahams with cookies and cream candy car and chocolate marshmallows.

choclate chip cookie
choclate frosting
peanut butter cup
marshmallow
best smores I have ever had!!

My friend always uses those fudge striped (Keebler?) circle cookies and then all you need to add is a marshmellow.

I see they were mentioned one other time, but taffy cracks are awesome. Melt a caramel over the fire and put it between two ritz. it should probably be done by an adult because the melted caramel can really stick and burn.

My mom used to be our brownie leader a million years ago and she came up with the idea of peanut butter. It holds the chocolate bar on to the cracker too! YUM!

I'm terribly sorry but I can't remember the name of it, but there is a book I have seen in a few stores completely devoted to different smores recipes!! I'm sure if you search "smores recipes" on-line some other ideas might pop up as well. ;)

when you cook the marshmallow so the outside comes off (leaving a hollow center) dip a square of chocolate in peanut butter and stick it inside.

we also have put a square of caramel on the roaster until it was soft and then put that in between two ritz crackers. those are super yummy too!

There is a recipe on Golden Grahams for "Indoor Smores". They turned out pretty well, but I had trouble figuring out how to keep them crisp if you didn't eat them right away...

The show Twin Cities Live also did a segment about different smores options. Some were really unique. I know they have it on their website. I think if you go to kstp.com then click on TCL you could find it.

Grown-ups only: dip the marshmallow in Baily's Irish Cream with Caramel before you toast it. Then make the Smore. We did this last weekend and it was yummy.

try chocolate grams and peanut butter cups or even the flavored marshmallows.

Similar to the last banana recipe... Take a banana and cut a slit in it lenth-wise. Stuff the slit with bits of chocolate and marshmallows. Wrap banana up in foil and toss in fire until all gooey. Use tongs and/or thick leather gloves to pull from the campfire. Let cool a bit and then dig in to the tasty gooey treat using a spoon. (And you don't eat the peel, which one of my friends thought you could. Not so tasty.)

When we make our smores, we use milk chocolate frosting instead of chocolate bars - less messy and easier to transport. Also, the kids like spreading the chocolate on the graham crackers (I use a plastic disposable knife). Also, we use the strawberry marshmallows. We have tried the chocolate graham crackers (kids say it's too sweet) and the cinnamon graham crackers (they are messier), but keep going back to the plain old graham crackers.

My mother-in-law came up with the idea of using Keebler Fudge Stripe cookies or the chocolate covered graham cookies instead of seperate chocolate bars and graham crackers. Very good! We also have used strawberry flavored marshmallows.

Over a campfire, cook the marshmallow, then when it starts on fire, blow it out and then pull the outer shell off it, then roll the sticky marshmallow in a bowl of M&M's, then place on the graham crackers.

Use a peanut butter cup instead of chocolate bar.

Cookies and cream bars are great too, with choco marshmallows.

Ah, I just read a magazine article this summer that had different smores recipes!! they sounded delicious too, and of course I'm having trouble remembering what they were, or the magazine I saw them in...I'll respond again if I can think of them. I know one was swapping out the normal chocolate with a recess peanut butter cup.

Use 2 fudge stripe cookies instead of the graham crackers and chocolate. Put marshmallow on cookie, microwave for 25 seconds or so then put the 2nd cookie on top.

I know this would not work at the campfire. But if you are at home it is a fun, easy way to have a smore.

i found a smores PIE recipie.

Try slicing banana on them. Yum.