Different Craft and Activity Ideas for My 19 Month Old

Hello,
My son is about 19 months and I am having a hard time thinking of crafts that he could maybe do with some help at this age. I have not been a very crafty person so I don't know many ideas. And I would like to do crafts with my kids. Any suggestions would be helpful, or other ideas other than crafts are good too. Thanks!

I do daycare in my home and was having the same trouble. I found an awesome website with wonderful ideas. it is DLTK-kids.com. give it a try. I love it

You can make many things with these items...
Egg cartons... Cut in half to make a caterpillar
oatmeal boxes....drums,planters
toilet parer rolls... Binoculars
paper towl rolls...mobils
paper plates... Hats.. Tamborines
you can also go to the library to find craft books for children....kids have wild imaginations,, so many things in the home are useable... Q'tips..cotton balls...newspapers.. Boxes... Rocks.. Buy eyes, and make a pet rock.. I can go on and on. My grand children love to come for crafts. Keeps them away from the tv!!!!its fun to drees up befor you start like a king ,princess, elvis.. Spiderman, superman etc... Just take a towel and let him pretend to be some one he chooses .. Have fun B.

oatmeal boxes....drums,planters
toilet parer rolls... Binoculars
paper towl rolls...mobils
paper plates... Hats.. Tamborines

S., if you Google "preschool materials" on the internet, you will find several websites that offer free materials and ideas for ages 1 and up. Each week has a different learning theme with corresponding activities; i.e. learn about dinosaurs this week. For dinosaur week, you could print out a picture of a dinosaur to color, print out pages to assemble a dinosaur book, etc. You can eventually move to teaching shapes, letters, numbers, with weekly themes and daily activities. I have started this with my son, who wants to do homework like his older brother.

Or, you could splurge and go to a craft store. You're sure to get a lot of good ideas and inspiration there!

Check out Familyfun.com. They have lots of cool stuff for all types of age groups. They also have pages you can pring off for just coloring and you can always get things that change with holidays and season. It's a great website/Magazine. I have 2 19 month old twins that are into trying to do things, and I get some ideas off there for them and my older children as well. Good Luck!

Try http://familyfun.go.com/
That's helped me a ton with Crafts, Foods, Snacks. Meals, Parties, Costumes, vacations, all sorts of stuff.
Have fun.

S.- Hope this helps:
1. color on sandpaper
2. pudding painting
3. edible playdough
4. cookie dough art
5. glue stuff onto anything!
6. finger paint (add few drops of liquid soap for easy clean up)
7. contact paper art
8. paint with condensed milk and food coloring
9. paint with kool-aid (smells great!)
10. handprint art (see how many things you can create with your handprint)

Have fun! H.

Hi--I bought a series of booklets a few years back that might be helpful. They are: Look What You Can Make with Tubes (like paper towel and toilet paper tubes); Look What You Can Make with Boxes; Look What You Can Make with Paper Bags; and Look What You Can Make with Paper Plates. There are about 90 projects per book, running the range from quite simple to a bit more complex...which means that they'll last longer, right? :) They were about $6 each. I hope you get lots of ideas from others!
A.

ActivityMom.com Rocks!!!!! I got a tupperware container and filled with dry rice&macaroni. I gave my nephew plastic spoons ,measuring cups and different sized bowls and he was entertained for hours. Just make sure they dont eat it and put a plastic table cloth or shower curtain down. I dyed the the noodles and rice to make it prettier, but I don't think it mattered although it made it more fun for me:)

1 / 3