Diet and Exercise with No Motivation

hi everyone. i am a stay at home mom of a 1 yr old. we just moved to this area and i have been pretty depressed. we just got me a car, but i don't have anywhere to go. i don't have any exercise buddies, and i don't have a babysitter so i can go to the gym. i also have bad ankles, so i can only do certain exercises. i need to lose a lot of weight, but i have no idea how. every other commercial on tv is about a diet or exercise plan. it depresses me which makes me eat. i wish i could motivate myself, but instead of being motivated i keep falling deeper into depression. i have tried weight watchers and herbalife. wieght watchers worked, but i can't bring myself to do it. HELP!!!!! getting desperate.

I am i the same boat, I am looking for a excercise buddy. I am in Covington. Maybe we could bring the kids and walk together? where do you live?
T. my email is ____@____.com

Hey, Where do you live? I would love to find someone to walk with, and I have a 15 month old and a six year old too. Maybe we could find a park close by? Have stroller will walk!

if you're close we could go to the gym together : )
we're near decatur

You sound just like me. We moved here 7 months ago and I was so lonely. I joined a gym by my house and went for about 4 months 5 days a week but didn't see any results so I quit. You are not alone. I have 2 children 7 and 11 and it really gets lonely during the day. I have all the time in the world to exercise but can't get motivated. If you find something to help please let me know I would love to lose about 30 or 40 pounds. Where do you live? I'm in Lagrange.

Hey - exercise is no fun - I hear ya! I don't know where you live but if I were you,I'd get out the yellow pages and start calling gyms. They YMCA will most like have a wonderful full service babysitting room - free w/your membership. I checked out a gym in Loganville when I first moved here and it had a babysitting room also. I think most gyms have them these days. I prefer to work out alone b/c I don't like to talk when exercising. To get on the elipitial trainer and watch a news channel w/ no kids talking to me for an hour is heavenly!! I wish you much luck. :-)

I know exactly how you feel, I am overweight as well since having my son 6 yrs ago and taking 10 months of steroids and fertility treatments. I was a size 5 prior to having kids so to be xxl now is really something I do not like about myself. I want to lose weight and just get into shape and be healthy so I can chase my kids and play without feeling like I am dying! I have had luck in the past with weight watchers too and would love to do it again but have no motivation and I really want to find a buddy to do it with, I think that it is motivation to have a friend to go through the process with.

What area do you live in, I am in Statham, 7 miles past GA Square Mall in Athens. Email me ____@____.com, maybe we can get together to excercise or if we are far away email and support each other through the process.

I am a sahm as well. I have a 6 yr old son in kindergarten and a 22 month old daughter.

I would also love to get together with any other moms in the area looking to get some excercise and support, we can meet up and do it together :o)

You first need to see someone about the depression... You must get rid of the depression before you can diet... Depression does make you eat... See your doctor...about putting you on something to help the depression.

hey my name is Missy where did you move from? Maybe we could get together with the kids at a park. Where do you live? Arbor Place Mall has it where if you walk around the mall you earn points to earn gifts. I think people start walking at around 7am. You can take your stroller. Welcome to Georgia. We have only been here almost 5 years. Missy

Hi J. - I don't know where you live, but we have a MOPS group in the Stone Mountain/Lilburn area. Our group is going to Washington farms (a U-pick strawberry farm) on Monday. If your little one is mobile I know she would enjoy it. I took my little girl last year when she was one and she loved picking (and eating!) the strawberries. We'd love to have you join us if you want to. Our MOPS year is almost over, but we are going to do playgroups in the summer. If you want I can add you to the email list that reminds us that we have something to do on Mondays!! If you aren't that close to Lilburn check MOPS.org. You can find a group that is close to you. It may not be exercise, but it is a way to get out of the house and make some new friends. I know that my MOPS group has really helped me out. I'm a hermit if I don't have someone to force me out of my house. My friends in MOPS have helped me to get past that. Call me if you have any questions, or if you just want to talk!!
H.
###-###-####

1 / 3