Diet - San Francisco,CA

Has anyone tried "alli" for dieting and what has been your experience? My doctor recommended that I try it for one month. I've never tried any diet pills and she said it can cause "uncontrollable bowel."

It can cause you to get gassy too, so if you have an unexpected flatulence..it won't be just air, you may get a greasy one. I've never tried it long enough to have results. Good luck!;)

I'm a huge fan of just eating healthy and exercising. I've lost 55 lbs since Jan 2009 doing this. I find it funny that the commercials for Alli actually say, "to be used with a healthy diet and exercise plan" or something along those lines.
I did Weight Watchers for part of my weight loss and I started doing MyFitnessPal.com for the rest. I love this site, it helps you track calories and exercise and it has the most amazing, inspirational people on there for support. Best of all it's free.
Sorry I didn't directly answer your question, but I wanted to give you an option incase you choose to go a different route.

i haven't tried it but a friend has. she had a bit of the uncontrollable bowel thing for about a week or two. after that she was fine. she has lost quite a bit of weight with it. i would try it myself but its a bit pricey for me. the uncontrollable bowel is your body trying to flush the fat that you have ingested. as with any diet pill you take there will be its side effects and its good points. the best thing you can do it combine it with healthy eating habits and plenty of exercise. include your child to!

Don't do it. Diet pills will help in the beginning, but then when you stop taking them you will put the weight back on.
Alli will give you the $hits and that never is good.
Start the "diet of common sense." That's the one I am on. It's eating lots of fruits and veggies, salads, serving sizes of protein (turkey, chicken, fish, some steak) substituting whole grains (pasta), brown rice...taking out the sugars and overprocessed foods, drinking TONS of water, and generally using "common sense".
Then get your body moving....every day. Walks, gym, swimming....at least an hour....
You will lose the weight...I gaurantee it. (I have lost 94lbs on this "diet")

I have and I don't particularly like it. I am a BIG fan of Slimquick. I did Neutrisystem years ago and lost about 40 lbs but I was also taking Slimquick the whole time and I think that is what helped me really get the weight off. I went off of it when I stopped NS and gained it all back so I am now just doing the Glycemic index thing, healthy eating and Slimquick. Check out thier website.

If you are not absorbing your vitamins and minerals from your food, you might loose a few pounds but you will preparing your body for future illnesses like cancer and others. Your immune system will be suppressed.
It's not worth it.

Though I haven't tried "Alli" myself, I've heard more bad about it than good. How about a diet plan that really works, is easy to follow with great and quick results monitored by a Certified Nutritional Therapist. My husband and I, and several of our friends (all of us overweight), are following such a plan that included lifestyle eating changes. In three weeks we shed between 10-15 pounds each and without starving or feeling deprived in any way. This was not my first diet, having been placed on a rigid low calorie one many years ago by my doctor. I thought I was starving the entire time and took over a year to lose 60 pounds. Kaaren's plan is painless! Real food, low carb, moderate protein and easy, easy, easy to adhere to. If you're interested in learning more contact Kaaren Chinello directly. Her contact info is: ###-###-#### or ###-###-####, email: ____@____.com. I can't say enough great things about great it is to work with her. On top of it all, we've never been healthier!
Good luck - L.

I have been on it for 1 year and have lost 10 pounds and kept them off. The plan is not to eat greasy food or drink soda, that is when you can have accidents and at the begining important to wear a pad for safety because you will be cleaning out your system and stay near a restroom. I am not much of a gym goer I work full time and take care of my 6 out of 7 children. But I think you will get better results if you do work out. Best of luck!

1 / 3