Did Your Kids Trick or Treat?

Mine did! Well two of the three. My 6 year old can be found in the dictionary under "stubborn." He just didn't feel like it. He walked with us because my husband wasn't home yet, and he brought a bag, but he didn't get any candy. His choice. And he didn't dress up. We did a halloweeen party on Friday and he had a party at school, so maybe he was just halloweeen'ed out?

And what do you do with ALL of the candy?? My kids aren't huge candy eaters, so they'll lose interest in a few days,

We did, and we do a couple of pieces at lunch and dinner and it lasts till after Thanksgiving and into December.

Mine is out now with Daddy. She was super excited to be Storm from X-Men and get lots of candy. Hee.

we started out early, just walked back in. weighed the kids bags, 2.5lbs and 3lbs. now our door bell is ringing off the wall, and the kids are re-giving their candy, lol. circle of life

We hit about 3 houses and were done. It was the little one that decided we were done and no one complained. It was so cold and I didn't feel like going through all the snow but I figure I still get credit for taking them even though it was only 3 houses.

It's only 530 here! We'll be headed out in about 2 hours :) :) :)

Nope. We had an All Saints Eve party. It was great!

Yesterday I took DD to the mall. Today is DH's birthday and on the way back from dinner, we passed his friend's house. I suggested we stop but he didn't want to. I should have insisted. ONE house wouldn't have hurt anything.

When they lose interest, take it to the office.

Yes! But thankfully they are both nestled in their beds right now! They had a good time and my 4 year old is already starting negotiations with candy for the morning! ;)

My daughter (4) will get tired of the candy after a few days...my son (2) however is a sugar maniac! I know he will be in that bucket every chance he gets so I'm not sure how I'm going to handle that one!

Yep! He just turned three, and it's the first time he really "got" what trick-or-treating meant (candy).
As for what to do with leftovers - if you can, donate it to "Operation Gratitude," which is an organization that puts together care packages (including candy!) for troops serving oversees.

Yes! We took our 11 month old trick-or-treating up and down our street and he LOVED all of the attention he got! He was a little Yoda, and since he has learned to walk, he was able to walk up to the people sitting outside while holding his pumpkin and a light saber! We live in an area where just about everyone has kids, so there were not that many people passing out candy while we were out, which was good because we didn't really want all the candy anyway, just the experience of trick-or-treating.

Some dentists give money or other prizes for halloween candy, maybe you should look into that in your area!

1 / 3