Did You Have That Brown Line on Your Belly During Pregnancy?

I know i know,,,,,,,,,not a very important question.

I know its called "linea nigra" and i know it comes from having dark skinned ancestry (for me its Comanche) But im totally not getting it this time, im over 6 months pregnant and i had it by 5 months the first two times i was pregnant. Its absence is baffling me. Im not concerned im just curious.

Did you get that brown line?

Did you have it all of your pregnancies?

What the heck do you think is the purpose of it?

estrogen huh?.......maybe thats why im not getting it, this is my first boy. As far as the women who are pale and getting it...........me too, im very pale, not a ginger or anything but im very white. I read that when this happens it means most likely native american ancestry.

With my first pregnancy I had it only from my belly button down. With this pregnancy I have it starting almost at the top of my chest and all the way down. Both babies were girls.

I never got it, but my sister did, and she is much darker than I am. My sister in law had one with her twins, and she has very pale skin.

I had it most of the pregnancy with my first and got it very late in my second pregnancy. Both boys. I've never heard anything about ancestry. I am Italian but not dark skinned by any means.

I'm pretty darn pale, german and scottish descent. Had a boy. Did NOT have the line.

I did, hubs called it my speed stripe. It had a curl to it too. go figure.

I'm very light-skinned and I had it with both. It was darker with the first one though. I loved it and missed it when it was gone.

No idea why it happens.

I got it with my first pregnancy and I am pale skinned. I am of basque descent(Spanish French). My second pregnancy wich was also a girl I didn't get it at all during pregnancy but after I delivered I noticed a line. So crazy how different each one can be.

I had it during my first pregnancy (Belly and even in my legs). But didnt get it during my second pregnancy.

I did not get it until i was in my last couple months or last month of pregnancy. I got it both times (boy and girl) with my boy i had to scrub it off my belly button each shower. like it pealed off!?!?!? with my daughter it just fadded away? i dont know much about it but thought it was silly . i am WHITE like my brother thought i was wearing pink socks with my shoes...nope thats my skin! one of my brothers is very dark brown ppl think he is mexican. we have Indian in our blood...but very little.

1 / 3