Did You Have a Late Teether?

I was wondering if there were any mommies out there who had late teethers? My son will soon be 9 months old and is still toothless :-) When did your children's teeth finally come in?

My almost 11 month old now has 2 teeth! Whoo hoo! Thank you all for your emails!

My baby girl will be 10 months at the end of the month and within the last 3 weeks she has gotten 4 teeth!!! The bottom two came in first and then one of the top ones. Now the other top one has came in. Poor thing has been chewing on everything and leaves a trail of drewl everywhere! I was also wondering the same as you but my Dr. said they all develop at different levels and not to worry. Just be prepared with teething rings and we used the mesh feeding bags with popcicles for something different. She didn't like the Oragel so we had to suffer a bit with whinning but she's better now. Good Luck!!

My now 3 yr. old had teeth at 6 months. However my 11 month old just got his first teeth a few weeks ago, but they are all coming at once (6 teeth in 3 weeks, he is unhappy).

My baby boy is almost 13 months old, and he got his first tooth just 3 days ago! Being in the dental profession this worried me too, when he at 9 or 10 months did not have any teeth.. Don't worry about it, they can still chew. The first teeth to erupt are usually the incisors, which are not chewing teeth anyway. Enjoy that gummy smile and don't worry. My family doctor and dentist said not to worry unless baby wasn't showing "signs" of erupting teeth by 15 months, bumps in the gums etc. Hope this helps!

Mine got her 1st tooth at almost 11 months and she just turned a year and has the bottom two, so no worries, I also hear the later they get them, the better condition their teeth often stay, who knows if it true or not, but I've heard it several times!

My son did not start getting teeth until around 9 or ten months old. He is perfectly fine with great teeth. He's four now, born on April 1st.

A.

Hi there-
My daughter is almost 9 months also and she still has no signs of any teeth - so I wouldnt worry- after reading this board, I dont feel so bad!!

I have a 2-year old daughter and she didn't get her first tooth until she was one. My mom, dad, my brothers and I were all the same way. Although that is later than most babies, it is still "normal" if they don't get their first tooth until they turn one. So, no need to worry about it. =)

I had three boys and all of them were late teethers. Actually, the dentist told me the later they get their teeth, the better their teeth are. They were 10 and 11 months old before they got their first tooth. Not to worry!!

My 1st son did not get any teeth until 15mth! But I heard it is in the genes. my hubby was late as well I found out.
So now over the last 1-2 yrs his teeth are just beginning to fall out as fast as they came in, 2 at time for some... he is 9 now. So don't worry, everyone is different!

Smiles,
fiveboyzmama

My daughter finally broke 2 teeth on the bottom when she was 10 months old! She is now 13 months old and still only has the 2 teeth on the bottom! I am kinda wondering myself what the deal is with her teeth! My son had about 6 teeth when he was 13 months old.... The Dr said she is doing just fine, just a late teether. Good Luck!

1 / 3