Diarrhea, but No Other Symptoms

Hi Moms, my 3.5 year old has had diarrhea most of the day today. It started yesterday but really kicked up a notch today. But she is not having any other symptoms. She had a great appetite yesterday and most of today, although she was not interested much in dinner tonight. I really hope its not the start of the stomach flu. Have any of your kids had diarrhea but nothing else? She has no fever, no vomiting, nothing else. Her energy is good. Please reassure me that this does not mean she will start throwing up tonight! Thanks so much.

If it was the flu then the vomiting would have probably already kicked in. I would look more at a possible food allergy (one of my kids developed one almost overnight) or an ear infection. My kids tend to get diarrhea as one of the first symptoms. Good luck, and hope that your LO feels better soon.

that is what is going on around here in my neighborhood. either it's out one end or the other!!! but it's flu season!!!

Sometimes there's throwing up with no diarrhea and sometimes there's diarrhea without throwing up.
Keep her fluids up and stick with Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast (and maybe a little yogurt) until it clears up.

My son seemed to get terrible diarrhea out of the blue at about 12mo. After 6wks of that and no other symptoms we finally figured out it was fluid milk! He was allergic/intolerant and he didn't have any noticable symptoms before drinking fluid milk. Now he reacts in the same way if he has any dairy at all! We know if it comes back and there are no other symptoms, he probably ate something with dairy unintentionally.

1 / 3