Diaper Wetting

this morning my 16-month-old daughter woke up w/ a diaper that wasn't very wet. usually she soaks them during the night. her babysitter says she is drinking normally, and last night and this morning she drank fine for me, but i am still worry that she is dehydrated. she has had a cold and her doctor started her on a decongestant yesterday. maybe that is part of it. could it just be a fluke thing that she didn't soak her diaper? the babysitter said she would keep an eye on it today. any other suggestions?

Give her Pedialite. It replaces electrolytes that were lost due to dehydration. Plus they think its a yummy juice. Good luck!

Check the color of the urine in her diaper. If it isn't mid to dark yellow, or there isn't red spots that look orange or like blood (it's not though, don't worry! It's just a reaction to the chemicals in the diaper!), you are probably okay. Especially if it is a one time thing. If you are really worried, let her drink some pedialyte. If it continues, then I would be worried.

most likely she's fine, of course the medication and not feeling well might be messing with her system a bit. make sure she's taking in fluids, offer her drinks all day long, pedialyte if that's how you decide to go. it's only been one night. even if she was healthy it's totally possible she may just have one drier night than others. hope she feels better soon!

Decongestants will dry her out. Be sure to offer plenty of clear liquids and not alot of milk. Water is the best if she will drink it. The medicine may also affect her appetite so keep and eye on that as well. As long as she is having 1 wet diaper in 8 hours she should be ok though. I hope she feels better soon! E.

She might just be able to go longer without peeing in her diaper. This is a great thing...!!! LOl
As long as she is drinking fluids and acting normal than I dont think you have anything to worry about....

THE MOM TEAM
WORKING FROM HOME AND LOVING IT!!
www.themomteam.com/richme4life
###-###-####

If she had any urine, then she isn't dehydrated. She might have less urine due to the medicine or if she had any fever. Just watch her intake and then check her diapers or if she has tears.

Because you are feeling very uneasy about the situation, I would suggest calling your pediatricians office and talking to the nurse. I have been told in the past if they are wetting diapers they are not dehydrated. Since, dehydration is a serious thing, especially in the little ones, I would call your pediatrician. That will 100% put your mind at ease. Goodluck! :)

Good Morning KS. Take some pedialyte with you to the sitters.
Will help give her an extra boost with fluids. Grape is good but turns poopy diapers sorta green..lol

God Bless
K. Nana of 5

1 / 3